One Claimed on Puckered Sphincter South

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude, crimeny, what a crapper. You just never know on some of those roads in WV. I noticed early that they have this very neat "camofluage" gravel. You can't see it, but it's there. Just waiting for a bike tire.

I am really glad that you came out as healthy as you did. Sorry about the bike, but hey, bikes come, bikes go. But I'd like friends to last forever. Fix it or replace it, just get back on. Be careful of the "ghosts in your head." They'll be there awhile.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to see you smiling after the slide. I remember that spot from the day before and thinking that one or two inchs over I would be in big trouble. Hope you feel better soon. Also, don't forget to act it up with the doctor so you can get the good pills.

Shawn, glad to hear only minor damage to yourself. Your bike on the other hand may lend itself to upgrading to a new black 08. That would be sweet! Mend quickly and see you at EOM 08!

lost it on this 40mph Sunday strool curve
slide between the guardrail and the steel corner alert post, slide across the first driveway, take out the two mailbox posts and come to rest in a driveway of a fellow motorcyclist. I slid behind my FJR on my chest and watched it cleanly take out the mailbox posts for me so I could slide over them.
the image links aren't working for me (may be a firewall issue). but that sure seems like a long, powerful slide for doing 40mph. are 40mph tumbles that catestrophic? i never realized.

lost it on this 40mph Sunday strool curve
slide between the guardrail and the steel corner alert post, slide across the first driveway, take out the two mailbox posts and come to rest in a driveway of a fellow motorcyclist. I slid behind my FJR on my chest and watched it cleanly take out the mailbox posts for me so I could slide over them.
the image links aren't working for me (may be a firewall issue). but that sure seems like a long, powerful slide for doing 40mph. are 40mph tumbles that catestrophic? i never realized.
Yep, Thats about as fast as it was.

He lost control in the curve and was still on 2 wheels up to the mailbox. The impact of the box sent him tumbling. If not for the box, he may have gotten away with a good colon cleansing.

Nick slid 85 ft at 10-15 mph on Sat. Pics to come.

Hmmm, you said you wanted a black bike...but i didnt think you'd go to this extreme!! I may invest in some new boots after seeing that...funny how we were just talking about that at Ruby Tuesdays...

I'm glad you're ok...keep us informed on what you're going to do with your bike.

-Drew

Cripes! I just saw this... Sorry, bro, but BTDT. Heal up and get that bike back on the road! And thanks for the CC logo! :good:

I am not quite sure how jittery I am going to be once I get back into saddle - only time will tell.

Be careful of the "ghosts in your head." They'll be there awhile.
both are true for me... all during the rides there in west virginia, all i saw was the the turn i lost it on at deals gap during eom '05... i just slowed down, rode my own ride, and pressed on... you'll get there, take your time, bro...

dana

Scab speaks the truth (well, in this instance, at least). You're likely to have mental wounds as well as physical ones. Both will heal eventually. After Andy's bad wreck last year, I didn't ride for a while, because I was at the hospital, with him, all the time. Even though I was only a victim-by-proxy of the accident, my first two wheel trip was nerve wracking. His first trip was a few weeks after that and downright scary. The good news is that he's all better now, and I hope that you will be soon.

Jill

I am not quite sure how jittery I am going to be once I get back into saddle - only time will tell.

both are true for me... all during the rides there in west virginia, all i saw was the the turn i lost it on at deals gap during eom '05... i just slowed down, rode my own ride, and pressed on... you'll get there, take your time, bro...

dana
Sat I was not riding well. I started the morning running rabbit and had my rear cut loose (once really bad 5 times early). Ashe said I got about 23 degrees off center. It spooked me for the rest of the day. I let Ashe play rabbit after that.

But if it makes you feel better I had a ball after your crash Sunday :yahoo: :p :assassin:

Last edited by a moderator: