PAIR mod and Dyno

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry33319

Reaction score
I installed a PCV on my 06. Spent some time on the Dyno and they made me a performance map and an economy map. End result is just over 50 mpg when I am on the slab. :yahoo: I just decided to do the PAIR mod and was curious if that will have any effect on the map I use. I read WW's thread and it looks like it should not hurt the maps but was curious to hear from the experts. Will I need to go for more Dyno time or not?

Last edited by a moderator:
You're fine. PAIR system is not very active at all when the engine is warmed up, maybe just when closing the throttle.

It all depends on 2 things:

1) How much money you can waste on a weekly basis, and

2) Shit....forgot what #2 was. Damn. :angry2:

I installed a PCV on my 06. Spent some time on the Dyno and they made me a performance map and an economy map. End result is just over 50 mpg when I am on the slab. :yahoo: I just decided to do the PAIR mod and was curious if that will have any effect on the map I use. I read WW's thread and it looks like it should not hurt the maps but was curious to hear from the experts. Will I need to go for more Dyno time or not?

Would you be willing to share your current PC V maps?

Would you be willing to share your current PC V maps?

As soon as I can get them off my PCV I will gladly share them. I started with an economy map trying for 14.1:1. That did not gain much. I wenmt back on the Dyno and increased the FAR to 14.5:1. That gave me what I wanted. I may try and push it to 14.7:1 after the EOM and see how that works. After I get the current map downloaded from my bike I will post it or PM you with it if I cannot figure out how to post it up.

They should have clamped off the air supply hose when they made the maps. The dyno operator asked if I had the pair valve on my 954 before he started tuning.