Pennzoil with the re-grouping molecules?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IndianaTom

Reaction score
I saw a commercial for a new Pennzoil that had a lovely animation of a drop of oil going thru a couple of gears, getting chopped up, then regrouping after it left the gear. The propaganda from the announcer was something about "this cool oil reforms after being molested by your motor", or something like that. I'm not sure THIS is the oil, but it is the closest I could find on their web site.

Now, normally, I'd just blow this kind of commercial off, but, I do notice a big difference in the performance of the gearbox after an oil change. I can kinda feel when it's time for a change, without even looking at the odomoter. My last change was Mobil 1 with 8 ounces of STP. It shifted as smoothly as a Honda for the first thousand miles, now it's back to clunky.

Seems I read a thread once (probably from Jestal) that made mention of gears breaking down the long bonds in the oil, and thus reducing it's effectiveness.

Anyhow, has anyone seen that commercial, and has anyone tried this oil? I'd like to keep the smooth shifting for the full 4,000 miles between oil changes.

I am using it in my cage but it is energy conserving oil and I will not use it in my bikes with wet clutches.

I am using it in my cage but it is energy conserving oil and I will not use it in my bikes with wet clutches.

The 2 pictures of the oil bottles seem to have different symbols on the labels.

platinum.jpg
platHybrid.jpg

I'm guessing the bottle on the left is not energy conserving, but I don't know the symbols as well as some.

I find this claim interesting:

Prevent viscosity loss due to shearing by reforming continuously

I have tried it in my WRX and honestly coultn't tell the difference between it and the M1 and SuperTech Synthetic.

With the exception of the one time I used this Penzoil for 4k miles and the first 20k miles when I used M1, I have used the WallyWorld Synthetic oil for the last 20k miles and been very happy with it.

My understanding is that in the East the wally World stuff is produced by Quaker State and in the West, by Penzoil.

The SuperTech filters also rock as a lot of people dont know they are made by Champion....seriously, no rocks or punches here...it's not Friday yet! :)