People, Places and RUSH!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nicely done 'Bandit...on all counts!

Enjoyed the read and pics, thanks for taking us along.
punk.gif

--G

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic. I can only wish and dream of a ride such as that. And the concerts, damn, I've been Rush fan since mid 70's. As too the other subject,,, let's just say we are brothers in our politics and heritage. It's a large family.

Thanks for your time to sharing with us this Excellent ride report with the wonderful pictures!!

I really enjoyed it!!
smile.png

Thanks again guys! I'm already planning my big ride for next year. I enjoyed this one so much, and missed so much along the way due to my aggressive ride plan, I'm thinking of going back next year. BigJohnSD mentioned maybe doing another rally in June next year and I'm thinking I'll build it around that if I can. I really want to take my wife with me next time so I'll have to work around her more limited vacation time. But we'll see.

Reading back through the RR there are certainly many edits that need to be made. But I think I'll let it stand rather than risk another board malfunction. I don't know if it's something I was doing or what, but occasionally when I would try to edit a post I get a bunch of syntax computer speak that screws up the post. It takes FOREVER to correct it! So every time I hit the edit button on a long post with a lot of pics I have to hold my breath. Does anyone else have this issue?

Anyway, I'm really glad you all enjoyed the report. It was an incredible ride, from start to finish. I posted the Spotwalla link at the tail end of one of the postings, so in the event you missed it here it is again.

https://spotwalla.co...0f559c46521d653

Also, here is the link to my master list of 772 photos. Of course I could not post them all here, but if you are interested in more pictures from the concerts, Pike's Peak, Dinosaur land around Vernal or just any other particular thing that caught your interest take a look. They are generally in chronological order so just scan through to the area of photos you liked and you'll likely find plenty more.

https://picasaweb.google.com/102513127581333599244/WesternAdventure2015Master?authkey=Gv1sRgCKz-0eawhI3VLA

My next planned ride is in mid-September. A few of us are meeting in the Ozarks under the auspices of SFO. We'd love to have all of you join us. If you've never ridden the Ozarks you are really missing out. Great roads, great scenery, great people, and great food! It really is one of the best kept secrets in all of America from a riding standpoint. Since Arkansas is centrally located near the middle of the country there really is no reason not to check it out. If you can't make it this year, put it in your long range plans for next year!

My next planned ride is in mid-September. A few of us are meeting in the Ozarks under the auspices of SFO. We'd love to have all of you join us. If you've never ridden the Ozarks you are really missing out. Great roads, great scenery, great people, and great food! It really is one of the best kept secrets in all of America from a riding standpoint. Since Arkansas is centrally located near the middle of the country there really is no reason not to check it out. If you can't make it this year, put it in your long range plans for next year!
Great ride, and great report, Turk! Really bummed to be missing SFO this year, but my daughter's senior year means so many of my weekends are occupied over the next year with her "last firsts" and "first lasts." I echo your assessment that Arkansas riding really is a well-kept secret. And the crew at the Hub are fantastic. Next year!

WOW!!!! Great stories and pictures! I've been a RUSH fan since their first album back in 74'. Saw them in Chicago this year and what a show. I certainly hate to see Neil, Alex and Geddy get older because that means chances of seeing them live again is minimal. And they still got it!

Thanks for sharing your adventure, I truly enjoyed reading and looking at the pictures which were quite spectacular. You mentioned your next trip is Arkansas. I'm hoping to make it down there for BB & BBQ. You're right, Arkansas has some awesome roads to ride and great places to fuel up the belly.

Terrific ride report. I had the pleasure of seeing Rush in Irvine CA two weeks ago. It is either my seventh or eighth Rush show. I am envious of you seeing three shows in such quick succession.

Love the photos. Would love to take that ride someday.

Keep up the good fight Bandit!

Leo

A RR like this, is a time consuming thing to put into words. Thank you for taking that time to share with us. Your writing style, along with the photo, was a pleasure to read, and felt like I was there with you. Congrats on a wonderful adventure!

I'm really humbled by all your very kind comments! :) it has been my pleasure sharing my story and experiences with you.

For those of you that saw Rush on this tour my guess is that you felt much as I did, like Odot said in a reply early on in this post, it was very emotional to know this could very well be the last time you will see them in concert. Kelly D, the young lady, jettsetter extraordinaire I mentioned in the RR I believe followed the tour from early June through the final show in LA. She posted on her Twitter account that she was in tears the entire show in LA for that reason. I think part of that is that their brlliantcy has finally been recognized and acknowledged by more than just their extremely loyal fans. But also the years of joy those guys have given to us all.

I've shared this story on this Forum before, but I met Geddy just strolling through the French Quarter in New Orleans in 2008. He was walking down the sidewalk on his day off with another guy and a lady. I hated to interrupt him and I'm not the kind of person who gives a rats ass about celebrities. But I HAD to stop him and thank him for the years of entertainment and inspiration their music has been to me. He was so kind and humble. I apologized for the intrusion and told him I wouldn't keep him. But he insisted it wasn't a problem and continued our conversation for 5 minutes or so before I told him I didn't want to keep him from enjoying his day off. We took a quick photo, shook hands and said good bye. It was one of the best days of my life! :-D

Turk%252520%252520Geddy-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: