Photobucket "fix" for Chrome and Vivaldi web browsers (and now Firefox!)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone having issues with the Photobucket Hotlink fix slowing things down? All day my machine has been moving real slow between pages and noticed the "Waiting for Hotlink Extension" at bottom left. Went to their site to reinstall and saw under the "Support" tab others complaining of the same. If someone hears of a fix or something please post up.

I noticed the same thing a work today. The minute I disabled the Hotlink extension everything was back to normal, loading in a blink.

Mine seemed to stop working a while back. I searched for other Photobucket fixes, found, and installed a different one. I don't know if that will also improve browser speed, but it may be worth looking into.

Well a new day and all seems to be back working as it was before. No more slow loading. Also see that the "Support" tab that I referenced earlier has been cleaned out of comments. Maybe the developer fixed a bug or something. Fingers crossed going forward.

I had this issue yesterday on my home computer, I deleted the fix by removing the program and noticed immediate improvement. As there does not appear to be a fix for Android systems, Kindle and Samsung S7, I am not going to worry about it.

I had this issue yesterday on my home computer, I deleted the fix by removing the program and noticed immediate improvement. As there does not appear to be a fix for Android systems, Kindle and Samsung S7, I am not going to worry about it.
Ah, but there IS a fix for Android. Install Firefox or Chrome, and install the plug-in / add-on for Firefox or Chrome.

Last edited by a moderator:
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="HyperPete" data-cid="1388492" data-time="1516876387"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="bigjohnsd" data-cid="1388491" data-time="1516861046"><p>I had this issue yesterday on my home computer, I deleted the fix by removing the program and noticed immediate improvement. As there does not appear to be a fix for Android systems, Kindle and Samsung S7, I am not going to worry about it.</p></blockquote>

<br />

Ah, but there IS a fix for Android. Install Firefox or Chrome, and install the plug-in / add-on for Firefox or Chrome. </p></blockquote>

I use chrome as my browser on my phone, couldn't get the plugin to work. It won't download onto the Kindle who h uses "Silk" as a browser and Crime is not an option there.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="HyperPete" data-cid="1388492" data-time="1516876387"><p><blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="bigjohnsd" data-cid="1388491" data-time="1516861046"><p>I had this issue yesterday on my home computer, I deleted the fix by removing the program and noticed immediate improvement. As there does not appear to be a fix for Android systems, Kindle and Samsung S7, I am not going to worry about it.</p></blockquote>

<br />

Ah, but there IS a fix for Android. Install Firefox or Chrome, and install the plug-in / add-on for Firefox or Chrome. </p></blockquote>

I use chrome as my browser on my phone, couldn't get the plugin to work. It won't download onto the Kindle who h uses "Silk" as a browser and Crime is not an option there.
On a Samsung, you need to go into your settings (the gear.) Under "General", you'll find Security. Within Security, put a check mark in "Unknown sources." If you cannot install it after enabling this, try the following:

Download the extension. It will be an .apk file. Go into your applications and find "my files" and run it. Look for downloads, and inside, tap on the apk file. It should prompt you to open it with Chrome.

That should install it for you.

As far as the Kindle, there is no option for this of which I am aware.

Cheers!

EDIT: If you wish to preserve maximum security, remove the check from "unknown sources" after you have finished.

Last edited by a moderator: