Pioneer Days 2016 Marlinton, WV 7/8-7/10 Old Clark Inn

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Intech

Mr. Camping Meet
Reaction score
Just made my reservation for this weekend. It is always a blast and Andrea and Nelson are great innkeepers. I just snagged the last room with a private bath. All of the rooms with shared baths are still available. We will ride out Friday morning for a late afternoon arrival. It would be great to have some of the usual hoodlums and some new ones too.

Linky

A couple of teaser pictures:

View from the top of Snowshoe

SnoeshoePanarama_zps131f17f0.jpg

Front porch is a great place to visit.

P1020200_zps8e1da3e0.jpg

In! Reservation made for Fri & Sat nights.

Had great time last year. Can't wait to go back.

Marlinton, Mexico, Hilton Head......I got all you suckers beat.......Jury Duty
cry.gif

I'm considering it, but I have to consult with the neighbor about my dog first...later in the month, they'll be taking care of the dog for two weeks while NAFO happens. I don't want to wear that situation out. ;)

Oh, Robert is going too! Sweet! Maybe you can fill me in on what you did there last year. Sounds like you had a blast!
Well, needless to say there is plenty of outstanding riding in the area. The bonus is the entertainment in the evenings. One of the best parts is people watching. Some interesting sights. They have a live band directly across the street from the Inn. It has been bluegrass until last year. They moved them downtown (2blocks away) and had a classic rock band. They have stuff going on all day, but that will be when we are riding. We usually end up in the back yard around a fire after dark. Andrea and Nelson, the innkeepers are good people too. Tell them I sent you!

Pretty much what Bob said.

Try to picture a Bed & Breakfast in the middle of a carnival

surrounded by some of the best roads in WV.

It doesn't get much better.

Thanks Bob and Robert. We are waiting to see if Trevor can get the weekend off. If not, Lisa and I will still be there. Can't book the room until we know the sleeping arrangements. We'll get everything cleared up tomorrow. Sounds like a great weekend!

I know this is still a couple weeks away, but that region has been hit with some pretty nasty storms last night/today. Might take a minute and double check everything and make sure routes are open or will be open in that time frame and lodging accommodations are still available.

I know this is still a couple weeks away, but that region has been hit with some pretty nasty storms last night/today. Might take a minute and double check everything and make sure routes are open or will be open in that time frame and lodging accommodations are still available.
White Sulphur Springs was the area that was hit hard. I will check on the Marlinton area.

Richwood, which is about 25 miles west of Marlinton is flooded. Guess I will call the OCI and find out if everything is OK there.