PNW Spring 2010 - Tech Meet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, here is my ambitious plan for Sat. on my '05:

1) Install Centech AP1 and relay. Need to figure out best location. I will bring a variety of wiring and connectors

2) Remove PAIR octopus of hoses and plug lines. Anybody have any ready made plugs?

3) Properly mate my Garmin with my Autocomm and Blackberry.

The AVCC will still have to await another day...

This might demonstrate an appetite larger than my stomach but I sure would be happy to get at least a couple of these accomplished.

Anyone who has experience with any of this is surely welcome to lend a hand and guidance. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I will have a spanking new "ground spider" correction harness in hand, too gang! Not for me, but in case anyone wants to hunt these things down and solve them, the maker is sending me a harness on spec for us to oogle and potentially purchse. :) Should arrive on Thursday/Friday, so I'll pack it and bring it along.

I will have a spanking new "ground spider" correction harness in hand, too gang! Not for me, but in case anyone wants to hunt these things down and solve them, the maker is sending me a harness on spec for us to oogle and potentially purchse. :) Should arrive on Thursday/Friday, so I'll pack it and bring it along.

I am going to have the body work off mine so we can point out all the spots to check.

I am going to have the body work off mine so we can point out all the spots to check.
Cue the music, Bryan is going to strip!

"By the time Bryan has finnished stripping the bike down, he was unsure what it even was any more..."

concours144.JPG

PS - anyone know what bike that is all nekkid and sh1t? ;)

I... will not be joining you fine gentlemen this year. I'm actually heading back to that crazy upside down land on the evening of the 27th so I will be packing my bags to go back (for 3 weeks).

I really enjoyed the last one Bryan had too... especially those delicious pies Dave was eying off...

hperkins would like to come. I'd love to learn how to remove my farings. I have rebuild carbs, and installed full exhaust system on a naked, but I cannot figure out how to get all of this fershlugginer plastic off

hperkins would like to come. I'd love to learn how to remove my farings. I have rebuild carbs, and installed full exhaust system on a naked, but I cannot figure out how to get all of this fershlugginer plastic off

PM sent. Be happy to have you stop by. I'll have my plastic off or in some stage of off, so I can walk you through taking it off.

Well, here is my ambitious plan for Sat. on my '05:
Remove PAIR octopus of hoses and plug lines. Anybody have any ready made plugs?

The AVCC will still have to await another day...
...this is the extent of my mechanic skilz. Buy some NAPA caps if you don't have the block off plates. You sure we can't try the AVCC again?? :blink:

See you Saturday Ralph.

--G

Anyone on the Vitamin D side of the state planning on attending, you can find me in Cle Elum having breakfast between 7ish and 9ish. My vendor of choice is the Cottage Cafe, 911 E 1st Street.

Look for a dirty 05 as I plan on riding with the snow level above 4500 feet, besides a little rain will give my bike the bath it is lacking. Yes, the weather computers indicate precipitation, but it is 30 percent and the predicted times are early morning and late evening. My schedule is to ride in that window by arriving at Brian's by 10:30am and leaving by 4:30pm.

Should the weather change significantly between now and then, I will likely keep to a similar time frame and cage it there.

B

Hi Bryan,

If you still have some space available I will probably attend as well. I still need to mount the PR2's. Do you think there is too much activity going on to fit in a tire change? I think I would just yank the wheels at my

house and bring them along in the truck. If already to busy I could always just drop by on another day or see if George's tire changer actually works...... :rolleyes:

Thanks,

J

Hi Bryan,
If you still have some space available I will probably attend as well. I still need to mount the PR2's. Do you think there is too much activity going on to fit in a tire change? I think I would just yank the wheels at my

house and bring them along in the truck. If already to busy I could always just drop by on another day or see if George's tire changer actually works...... :rolleyes:

Thanks,

J
Wow - looks like there is going to be a lot of us that want to change tires. Bryan, how many tires can get changed with your setup in one day???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi Bryan,

Thanks,

J
Jay, we can get it done

Latest posts