PNW SPring Tech Meet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hell, I am going to tell work, "NO more business trips for me." Looks like a fine turn out. Now I have to do all my spring maintenance by myself.
Have a work party, we could all come over and at least try to confuse you. :rolleyes:

Confused enough. Still have not done my ignition recall, brake service, battery service or aircleaner. Forget the valve service. Need to get busy before CFR.

Will not be able too attend due to a business trip. I return Saturday, but not until the evening. Have fun and don't let any magic smoke escape from the electrical components.
You were out on business. Plus, we told niehart to call but he wouldn't stop filling his face with pie!! Wish you could have been there, it was a good turn out. We missed you.

Carl

Confused enough. Still have not done my ignition recall, brake service, battery service or aircleaner. Forget the valve service. Need to get busy before CFR.
Definitely missed you Barry. If you want company, swing up to the house and we can do a mini feej maintenance...at least enough to get you to CFR. I'm going to crack mine open and have a look at the valves pretty soon. Adventure in Monroe and Ride in Woodinville have done numerous switches. You'll have good luck with either shop.

--G

I'd join to watch the how to's on Barry's brake job, plus I will need to swap fluids before CFR. Let the shop do your ignition switch, and pony up for the heli triple clamp if you haven;t already.

I can feel to love- big group hug! George, I will help with your valve check if you want a hand or maybe you want someone to video/photos for posting a how to.

I can feel to love- big group hug! George, I will help with your valve check if you want a hand or maybe you want someone to video/photos for posting a how to.
I've got all the instructions from FJRTech. The challenge is making (taking?) the time and deciding to do surgery. Can we edit the video to remove all the &^%$# words?

I'll let folks know when I schedule this...Probably a month or two.

--G

Sounds like the start of another mini tech meet? :clapping:

I don't need to do any maintenance, but can bring a nice set of curved, tapered feeler gauges that work great for valve clearance checks. Don't know if they are a necessity for FJR's because I'm not due for my first check yet, but they've worked great on previous bikes.

I'm going to crack mine open and have a look at the valves pretty soon.

--G
I should do this soon also. Sometimes I hear what sounds like a valve tick and I am at 26xxx miles. I don't know if I should wait on the edge of my seat for the "How to" right up, or come up to help so I can see what I will be getting into. <_< Sounds like you already have a parting starting :drinks: :fans: with a little :banghead:

Carl