Posting Photos before 2022

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The address of my posting is: https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...mp;#entry559376
I hit the "edit" button while on my posted page, and the link to the first pic appeared like this:

Horn%20Location%201.jpg

Also, beneath my User name and info on the post page appeared this: Warn (0%), followed by 4 blue squares. Does that indicate something is screwy with my post's images? Similarly, I noticed on the New Posts page of the Forum, my post link has a little suitcase-like icon like everyone else, but MY icon is grayed out and has a little "pixel-like" addition in the corner. Is this also a clue that something's wrong?

I can't believe I'm having this much trouble. Must have something to do with my mother making me wear those saddle shoes when I was young.

Thanks in advance.

Chris
First, my friend, CLICK ON THIS LINK AND READ please as it has lotsa helpful, Important Information for New Users

see WHAT'S THIS WARN THING? in that info

Cheers,

Mike in Nawlins'

Hey, Ignacio, yesterday I posted something about a Stebel horn install with 2 pix.
I followed your instructions as best I could, (considering my ADD, OCD, FNG, CIA, and general stupidity).

I "previewed" the post, prior to committing to posting. All looked great.

This morning I opened the post to read responses. Pix were right there, looking fine, but (though everyone was a little vague about it), the indication from the responders was that the pix weren't there.

I've got these current pix and some I posted with no trouble 8 months ago, on Picasa.

The address of my posting is: https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...mp;#entry559376

I hit the "edit" button while on my posted page, and the link to the first pic appeared like this:

Horn%20Location%201.jpg

Can you tell if I've done something wrong?
I think the only thing you have done wrong is pick the wrong photo hosting website. Some work real hinky with forum image linking. Put your photos on Photobucket.com and you won't have any problems.

Yeah, I think it's the hosting site. If I go into your post I see the red X. If I hit reply so i can see the code and pull out the picture's URL, use that in another IE window, I see the pic, and afterwards I see it in the post as well, unless I refresh the page, at which point it reverts to the red X.

Use Photobucket or the like, that doesn't happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike, thanks for the info. I joined nearly a year ago and read the basic new guy stuff, but had forgotten about the "Warn Thing". Now I understand.

Looks like I need to dump Picasa as a web pic provider. I was only using them for this forum anyhow. I'll give Photobucket a try.

BTW, sorry to read of your drop. I'm about to get my tupperware back from a custom paint job. You know that means that once I reinstall by bodywork, my "% of likelyhood" factor for a drop will skyrocket.

Thanks again,

Chris

First, my friend, CLICK ON THIS LINK AND READ please as it has lotsa helpful, Important Information for New Users

see WHAT'S THIS WARN THING? in that info

Cheers,

Mike in Nawlins'

With photobucket if you click the picture you want, then click share or get url's; there are four of them. If you want to use the little image button that's above the text box in the reply area then you want to copy the one that says "direct link", then click the image button and paste the link in the box. If you want to just copy a URL and paste it directly into your post without using the image button you want the Fourth URL down in the list the one that says HTML code. There are two of them therethat say HTML code you want the one that starts out with . You can paste that link directly into your reply without using the forums image button and it will show up as a picture in the relply. I believe that all that little image shortcut button does is take the direct link and wrap the tags around it anyways. This is as far as photobucket goes, as for other hosting sights I have no idea....

OK, I need to learn this also; here goes...

CedarKey41810004.jpg

It worked!!!

This is me on the left (obviously), and my friend Greg, April '10 at Cedar Key, FL

In photobucket, looking at your album, hover over the picture and use the fourth line of code (labeled IMG code) to post the picture into your forum post. I think you used the first line, email & IM. The fourth line copies directly into your post, already has the IMG tags, so you don't need any of the forum editor buttons.

In photobucket, looking at your album, hover over the picture and use the fourth line of code (labeled IMG code) to post the picture into your forum post. I think you used the first line, email & IM. The fourth line copies directly into your post, already has the IMG tags, so you don't need any of the forum editor buttons.
Thanks for the help! I want to try this again.

Me & Smitty, IBA Jax this year:

MeandSmitty.jpg

My new (to me) Russell Day long I just installed:

FJRpics008.jpg

so the next thing I need to play around with is the actual photo size; I'll play with that, but I'm glad to learn this simple skill.

A test from a photo challanged person. Don't know if it needs to be sent to turn into a photo. Here goes.

FJRColorII.jpg
[/img]

Now I need to check photo size. This might be too big.

Status
Not open for further replies.