Preparing for Lap of Florida, first Run at IBA Certification & first Vacation

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This sounds like a very challenging route not for the first 24 hours but for the subsequent laps. The good news, is, I guess that you can stop anytime especially after you get past the first day. Resting is probably more important than riding especially the longer you go at this. I did my first 50CC last year and it was a good test.

GOOD LUCK and stay hydrated!!

Peter

Just to make sure I don't fail my quest, when I reach each of the destination cities is a gas station receipt enough, or do I need to take a photo at a police station or post office.

The typical IBA certified ride would just require a gas receipt. I'm not familiar with this particular ride, but I would imagine it would be the same.

Please keep in mind though, and this will spare you angst and frustration at the end of your ride, please make sure the receipt has the correct time & date printed on it as well as the city & state.

Also be sure to record your odometer reading.

Have a safe trip.

What kind of spray or wax can i put on the bike/myself to get those bug guts off? I heard airplane wax or sealant???
Dryer sheets. Just wet with water, and bugs come off. Especially useful if you encounter Love Bugs.

Tax return came in; so arriving this week: Motorcycle Larry highway pegs, Bohn body armor pants, cee bailey headlight covers, Rotopax 1.75 gallon gas container, powerlet dual usb adapter, j&m audio system cable to connect bike to helmet, ear plugs sonic defenders, Clearwater flashlight for photoshoot, yamaha shirts for photoshoot with Bryan.

New Michelin PR2 installed on front. Today

Hopefully, motorcycle safety class BR2 will take place two days before trip, to give me a chance to test some of my stuff on road.

Sometimes its good to be single!

To have the IBA recognize successful completion of its rides you will need a log of your start, stops(gas and rest) with odometer readings and gas receipts. You should go to their website for the exact info that you will need because if you don't have it the way they require it they will not recognize your effort.

You have listed a bunch of rides you want to complete. I believe you have to complete certain ones before they will accept the others. Again, go to their site.

I don't think you will need to bring extra gas. Riding in FL with its lack of elevations(mountains) you should be able to do 250 miles before needing to get gas and you probably should get off the bike at this point anyway and walk around a bit. Hydrate and eat.

I don't believe I saw any type of throttle lock/cruise control listed with your equipment. Body parts will fail in the following order, butt and back, legs, hands. It

sounds like you have the seat, just got the hwy pegs, need throttle lock, vista cruise is a good cheap and easy to install throttle lock.

Remember you don't need to go like a bat out of hell to complete these routes on time. It is all about time management. ps you should also have a couple 5 hour energy bottles for back up. Good luck

There's weather ahead on the east coast, a tropical depression trying to form. Potential heavy rain....best of luck with it!

He just departed West Palm Beach.

Talked for a bit and installed a RDL for better comfort. Key West bound !

Someone who is not afraid to attempt rides... safe journey to you bro.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he really liked the Keys (As he is still in the upper keys. He is really going to have to ride hard to make the

time restriction on the Laps of Florida. (He must return to Perdido Key for an end receipt.

I kinda recall riding the Keys in the dark. Quiet and peaceful. Little in the way of traffic. But was glad I could ride it in daylight though. Not like everyday you get to ride the Keys.
I remember that ride.

Mike, one SS1000 I have on my short "To Do List" is the Florida Keys SS1000... you are invited!