Preparing for Lap of Florida, first Run at IBA Certification & first Vacation

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quite an adventure I reckon.
Nice report. Could have used more pictures tho.
smile.png

So when's your next attempt?
It will be this year, just gotta work a little overtime and I will knock out a SS1000.

Well, dammit. Misread 2015 for 2016. So threadus resurrectus. On the bright side, tis the season, and you're already here, so:

I think with any seat, for me, there's times where I've just got to stand. I think having a pad of some sort, cheap or otherwise, to mix things up over the course of 16-20 hours is important. For my run in April, around mid trip, my ass just hurt no matter what. Once I got over the hump, I didn't even think about the seat or discomfort for the last 400 miles or so. I enjoyed the lap of Georgia. Trying to decide whether to make the next one a straight interstate run 525 out, 525 back. I don't know what that would be like psychologically. On the TOH Georgia lap, there were so many stops and route points to stop/fuel/document, it felt like all those stops lengthened the trip. In hindsight, doing many extremely brief stops and having to collect data and photos so many times may actually have kept things from getting monotonous. Won't know until I try a slab 1K. I said I never would, but I bought N-coms to add radio and clear phone calls to my entertainment options.

Last edited by a moderator: