quick question about gen II fron blinkers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Daly

YES I ran the fatty over!!
Reaction score
ok this is a bit off the wall but bare with me. I just bought a new bike :rolleyes: A 2008 red FZ1. I put the stock lower cowl on. what they dont tell you is that the stock turn signal does not mount on the fairing but rather goes through the fairing and mounts on cowl where it started. Thats going to be a PIA adding a few minutes to each removal/reinstal so I was thinking of getting some blinkers that might be comepletely independent modules that mounted on the outside of the fairing except for what ever wire port and monting stuff in the back of the module. does this fit the description of the stock gen 2 light? my gen 1 had part of the fairing wrapping around the light... that wouldnt work :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe nobody has one? And how did you know I was picking my nose?? Did you hack my webcam??!!?!

ok this is a bit off the wall but bare with me. I just bought a new bike :rolleyes: A 2008 red FZ1. I put the stock lower cowl on. what they dont tell you is that the stock turn signal does not mount on the fairing but rather goes through the fairing and mounts on cowl where it started. Thats going to be a PIA adding a few minutes to each removal/reinstal so I was thinking of getting some blinkers that might be comepletely independent modules that mounted on the outside of the fairing except for what ever wire port and monting stuff in the back of the module. does this fit the description of the stock gen 2 light? my gen 1 had part of the fairing wrapping around the light... that wouldnt work :(
They feed through the panel and bolt to moulded-on features behind.

[SIZE=8pt](Click on any image for larger view)[/SIZE]

Mounted on bike . . . . . . . . . . . . . light outside panel . . . . . . . . . . . placed over mounting feature

[Edit]Oh, yes, sorry for the delay, I'm in the UK and your request came in at 1:57 AM local time, and I've been at work today. Had to go take the photos after my evening meal. Hope they answer your question.