Quiet Forum These Days?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree she needs an appropriate farewell, just wondered why you'd bait the old coot in such a manner LOL

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
From a serious effort explaining the issues to come and then 5 post on sheep.
Which is the POINT of this thread ... everything's "on-topic".

And we're not cluttering up or disrupting a technical thread, so, should be OK in my opinion.

Maybe we are beating a dead horse. We have done a lot of complaining in this thread, and brought issues to the forefront, but we have not discussed any real solutions to the problems.
[img=[URL="https://advrider.com/styles/advrider_smilies/dhorse.gif%5D"]https://advrider.com/styles/advrider_smilies/dhorse.gif][/URL]

The problems for the future of this forum are multiple, most likely requiring several people to address.

The server hosting the forum (whether that be a new one or the existing one) needs a new physical location, and will require regular maintenance, as well as power and HVAC. It will also require a high bandwidth network connection. Most consumer level ISP accounts will not allow you to host a web site on your service, so it will likely need to be a commercial account ($$) These are all things provided by the owner (slapnpop) currently.

What should the ownership structure of the forum be going forward? Having a sole proprietorship (as it has been) certainly reduces ambiguity, but requires one person to bear the brunt of it both in time and financially. Having a committee or board of directors reduces individual commitments, but usually makes managing things much more complicated and messy.

If the current admins don't wish to continue in their day-to-day management roles, and I don't think anyone could blame them for stepping down after over a decade of service to this community, then new ones will have to be brought in. How would that selection process take place?

It's always much easier to identify the problems than it is to find the solutions.

"Complaining about a problem without proposing a solution is called whining."
Well stated. The below is all assumption on my part.
Simplifications might mean:

Like minded: fjr focused (not necessarily all tech but also not fb/generic because it would get lost in the sameness)

Willing: it takes even a moderate amount of uncompensated time to clear up duplicates, help people with log in issues, research admin actions when done by someone else (or even by yourself a day or two later)

$: an initial (modest) fee to "assume the brand recognition"+hardware, software,domain,etc., then ongoing costs of operation. Even with ads there will likely be months where are don't meet expenses.

Think I read every page of this topic, but then again maybe I forget something. What is Rule #10? It was mentioned several times and I looked at the rules section and nowhere do I see a rule 10.

Think I read every page of this topic, but then again maybe I forget something. What is Rule #10? It was mentioned several times and I looked at the rules section and nowhere do I see a rule 10.

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

Look again, Art. I know you're older'n me, but it can't be by that much and I see a Rule numbered "10" there. Or get your wife to look for you; being men, we often can't see shit that is right in front of us.

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

Look again, Art. I know you're older'n me, but it can't be by that much and I see a Rule numbered "10" there. Or get your wife to look for you; being men, we often can't see shit that is right in front of us.
It's a scientific fact you need a Uterus to see the obvious.

With a home full of males my wife proved that many time over.

Like that Phil Collins song from about 25 years ago......."You know I want ewes, 'cause I'm into sheep".........

Or that AC/DC song......"Dirty deeds, done to sheep....."