Ram Ball

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jim oneill

triplex
Reaction score
Just ordered the Helibars Handlebar Bridge for my new 2013 and see there is a picture of a "ram ball" attached to it. What is a "ram ball" I,ve not a clue???

RAM mount has any number of attachment types (clamp types and screw-types being most common). The Helibars triple has two threaded holes that will accept one of the screw type mounts. The other side of the mount is a rubber ball that is the mounting point for a myriad of other adapters for GPS units, camera, radios, cell phones, etc.... There are literally hundreds of types of RAM mounts out there - have fun!

www.rammount.com

If you try these, I highly recommend the X-grip mount for your phone. It allows access to all of the buttons and connectors (unlike the model-specific types which enclose most of the device) and does grip extremely well. I high-sided on my FZ1 with an X-grip holding my iPhone and it was still gripping it firmly after the wild ride was over!

Last edited by a moderator:
The farkle force is weak with this one.
biggrin.png

Indeed. That site is dangerous for the uninitiated. Before you know it, your bank account is empty and your bike is covered with little rubber black balls. Then comes the task of finding things to attach to them.
biggrin.png

I am very curious to hear how the "Helibars Handlebar Bridge" work out.

I just checked the Helibar website for installation instructions... none posted.

I called Helibar. They expect to have some instructions on the website tomorrow.