Revzilla Customer Service

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLS

Reaction score
Got home today to my first purchases for the FJR.

A Symax III helmet and a Sena SMH10.

I couldn't wait to get it put together, so I read the manual for the Sena and put it on the charger.

While I'm waiting, I'm watching the instructions on Revzilla on installing the Sena on my helmet.

The video shows them pulling the left cheek pad out a big to allow room for the mount, speakers wires and boom mike.

So I read the instruction on the Symax on removing the cheek pad. It says "Pull cheek pad away from helmet, by unsnapping and disconnecting velcro".

So I pull on it......BOOM.

Freakin styrofoam piece is broke and I pulled it right off from a post with a screw/washer to hold the styrofoam.

So once I finally had it out, I realized what I had done wrong (my first cycle helmet BTW). So now the question is....is Revzilla gonna replace this for me or give me an issue?

I couldn't wait to get it put together, so I read the manual for the Sena and put it on the charger.

While I'm waiting, I'm watching the instructions on Revzilla on installing the Sena on my helmet.

The video shows them pulling the left cheek pad out a big to allow room for the mount, speakers wires and boom mike.

So I read the instruction on the Symax on removing the cheek pad. It says "Pull cheek pad away from helmet, by unsnapping and disconnecting velcro".

Freakin styrofoam piece is broke and I pulled it right off from a post with a screw/washer to hold the styrofoam.

So once I finally had it out, I realized what I had done wrong (my first cycle helmet BTW). So now the question is....is Revzilla gonna replace this for me or give me an issue?
I've had great luck with revzilla. That is too bad about the helmet. You will love the Sena. My wife and I ride separate bikes and the sena is crystal clear and works great with our iPhones. I wish you luck on the return. Keep us posted on how it goes. Maybe it would help is you traded up to an Arai RX-Q. :)

I've had great luck with revzilla. That is too bad about the helmet. You will love the Sena. My wife and I ride separate bikes and the sena is crystal clear and works great with our iPhones. I wish you luck on the return. Keep us posted on how it goes. Maybe it would help is you traded up to an Arai RX-Q. :)
I've read nothing but great things about the Sena, so I'm optimistic about it.

I figured spending $270 on a helmet would mean it's a quality item. Honestly, based solely on this piece mind you, I'm a bit disappointed in the 'cheapness' of it.

There seems to be so many options for helmets, but I wanted a modular, and I tried on the Symax II and then III and I really liked the III. I guess you live and learn.

I'll keep you all posted once I call them tomrrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've bought several things from them, and have always been amazed at their promptness. Monday afternoon I ordered a pair of Revit pants, and they were delivered today (UPS Ground!). Holy crap. :rolleyes:

I was moved to post a big "plus" for RevZilla a while back after going back and forth regarding an exchange--a size issue. They went WAY out of their way to make it good. Should work out for you. And when it does, give 'em a thumbs up here on the board.

Just placed an order with them a few days ago. Had to exchange one of the items. They made it very easy to do and their customer service was great. They seem to be very concerned about making sure things are right.

I have no reservations about doing business with Revzilla.

I had to do an exchange with them with no problems at all.

When I am looking for a new item I go to their web site first to see if they have it.

As far as I am concerned the are top notch.

I hope your experiences with them are as positive as mine.

I've always received excellent service from RevZilla. They accepted a return on a First Gear Expedition suit that i felt was a POS; refunded my money no questions asked, as long as it was returned undamaged with the original packaging.

RevZilla's customer service is absolutely first rate. You shouldn't have ant problems at all.

Just returned from a much needed vacation. I've been dealing with Joel from Revzilla.

He said he did not think they could do anything for me, but would contact HJC on my behalf and see if they could replace the broken part (I even offered to pay for it...just want to use the helmet).

Got a call from Joel as I was fishing on Tuesday and he said he talked with HJC and they would be sending me a complete replacement set, at no charge.

I have to say I was very surprised and am quite happy I've purchased through them. My next purchase for my FJR will go through them as well.

That is a thumbs up for HJC and Revzilla. Taking care of the customer. I buy from Revzilla and they have great customer service. Glad to see they are taking care of you. You will love the Sena!

Great company to deal with. I even visited their showroom last time I was in Philly.

I unfortunately had bad service from Revzilla. I ordered a Nolan N90 Helmet with the NCom bluetooth system. The helmet fit me poorly to begin with but I was thinking I could modify the foam a little bit to make it work. I installed the bluetooth system and it made the fit even worse by putting pressure on my ears too. After talking to their customer service, they very reluctantly told me to send the helmet back (at my own expense) in exchange for store credit. When the helmet arrived back at their store, they sent me an email stating that the helmet had show signs of use and they were unable to fulfill the return. I contacted my credit card company and I am disputing the charges. I've send stuff back to Motorcycle Superstore and Cycle Gear with NO problems whatsoever. Needless to say I was very disapointed.

So you knew the helmet didn't fit correctly but thought you would try modifying it and then, when that didn't work, tried to return it? Oh yeah, horrible service on their part. :huh: :lol:

So you knew the helmet didn't fit correctly but thought you would try modifying it and then, when that didn't work, tried to return it? Oh yeah, horrible service on their part. :huh: :lol:
You must have missed the part where I said that the speakers also caused enough discomfort that it couldn't be worn. Reading comprehension is your friend.