RF1200 Pinlock at Night?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you race with a pinlck?

• Yes

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • No

Votes: 43 97.7%

• Total voters
Been using a pin lock for several years. Commute starts well before the sun comes up and goes from rural to city. No issues or maybe I'm just used to it. Only product I've found that reliably deals with the fog issue.

My pinlock stays in my Nolan N104 all year as well. The newer version (with the seal) works better than the old one did. I haven't notice any glare problems, riding in the dark.

Update...removed my pinlock for the first time this weekend and WOW

Noticed a huge difference with the amount of glare and distortion that comes with the pinlock. After riding with it for about 8 months, I won't be putting the pinlock back in until the weather cools. A very noticeable difference.

Update...removed my pinlock for the first time this weekend and WOW
Noticed a huge difference with the amount of glare and distortion that comes with the pinlock. After riding with it for about 8 months, I won't be putting the pinlock back in until the weather cools. A very noticeable difference.
lol yep,
smile.png
there is a reason i have 3 shields. clear dark and clear with transition pinlock

i replace my dark about every year or 2,

Last edited by a moderator: