Ride To Eat (RTE) to Clearfield PA

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know better, but with 70% chance of rain and thunder storms

likely at noon and a high of only 64 degrees is there any

chance we could reschedule?

As much as I want to do this......

i got 3.5" of rain in less than an hour yesterday.

if i can get a tri-axle of gravel delivered, i'll be fixing my mom's driveway on Saturday.

Hmmm...... My area of Ohio is forecasted for "tolerable" weather....

I am hoping to head that direction anyways. I need to refill my milk bottle. 😁

I know better, but with 70% chance of rain and thunder stormslikely at noon and a high of only 64 degrees is there any

chance we could reschedule?

As much as I want to do this......
Just watched 11:00 news, looks wet, not a problem rescheduling, how about trying in 2 weeks, Sept. 26?

Is everyone afraid of a little rain?!?!?

I plan on leaving my house about 6am tomorrow. If this RTE gets cancelled/rescheduled.... My route will change, and I will split off I-80 about 4 1/2 hours into the ride.

So I guess, someone should make a decision by no later than 10am tomorrow....

Alright, boys? :)

Unless things change dramatically, I think I'm out.

100% chance of rain with up to an inch of rainfall

expected.

I'm as hearty as the next guy but that's not riding

weather.

I suppose I could drive but that sorta defeats the

purpose of a RTE.

I was really looking forward to this but I think I'll

catch the next one.

Is everyone afraid of a little rain?!?!?
I plan on leaving my house about 6am tomorrow. If this RTE gets cancelled/rescheduled.... My route will change, and I will split off I-80 about 4 1/2 hours into the ride.

So I guess, someone should make a decision by no later than 10am tomorrow....

Alright, boys? :)
Clearfield's weather for Saturday is at least 90% chance of rain from 9:00AM til 4:00PM, 100% at noon. Will try to do this another time.Thanks for all the interest

John

I guess it's understandable. Safety takes a higher precedence than a burger. :)

This rain system has taken 7 hours to move over my area. But I gotta say, it's a light tolerable rain.

This rain system has taken 7 hours to move over my area. But I gotta say, it's a light tolerable rain.
It ain't so light and tolerable to your east Julie. As a matter of fact. Since around 2:00 it's kinda sucked, around here.

It ain't so light and tolerable to your east Julie. As a matter of fact. Since around 2:00 it's kinda sucked, around here.
Well, it's not blinding rain. Roads aren't flooding. And no wind is involved. I consider that tolerable. And yeah, it's been raining since around 1:30pm. Very slow system....

I guess I am gonna ride west tomorrow- away from the rain system.

Interesting, because today we enjoyed flawless blue skies with a high of about 80. I figured the days of jumping in the pool are quickly coming to an end, so I took advantage of it. Tomorrow will be a strong reminder of impending Fall. I rode in some pretty good storms this summer, but I'm not going out of my way to do it. As it turns out, this would have been a good day to get away for the RTE if not for the weather.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rained all day Sat, good call w the cancel.

Shoot some advance notice if it's a Saturday, but, Mid October sounds goot~!

Mid October could make this a possible for me. The weekend of the 10th is no good, registered for the Void Rally. 17th is open if this gets rescheduled.

Yeah...Mid October, say the 17th could also work for me.
punk.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
This is FullHouses gig, so we'll have to see what he says. But, we don't wanna wait 2 late eitha, weather gets pretty iffy.

I'll throw in a Sunday Oct 11 date ??

Latest posts