Ride To Eat (RTE) to Clearfield PA

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 10th or 11th works for me.

I'm already committed for the 3rd/4th & 17th/18th.

If anyone's interested, I'm heading up this Saturday.

I owe my kids a lunch. I'll be there noonish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was talking about October 10th or 11th is fine. For that matter, any weekday works because I don't punch a clock. But my daughter and grandkid are coming the following weekend (17-26), and I won't be going on a RTE while they are here.

Sometimes I still act like I have a busy schedule, but it's mostly making time to do BBQ or drink beer, which has to fit between riding the motorcycle, mowing the lawn or lounging in the pool. It's a tough life.

October 10th is Tech Day at the Geeks in Marysville, OH. I'd already committed to that event. Wish I could make the RTE in Clearfield. Maybe next time.

This is FullHouses gig, so we'll have to see what he says. But, we don't wanna wait 2 late eitha, weather gets pretty iffy.
I'll throw in a Sunday Oct 11 date ??
Hey KJ, my schedule just got a lot busier, if you and Tom or SLK50 want to take this RTE and do it, please do. If it works for me, I'll make every effort to attend. I Just can't commit to anything in advance.

thanks

John

On that note, I call Sunday, Oct 11, at noon.

Everyone interested can firm up as the date

gets closer.

I had lunch there yesterday with my three sons.

It was all good!

On that note, I call Sunday, Oct 11, at noon.Everyone interested can firm up as the date

gets closer.

I had lunch there yesterday with my three sons.

It was all good!
Okay, I'll second the Sunday Oct 11th, but 1pm

My 1300 reasoning is that I have a fun non-slab route planned there, but it is 5.5hrs. With a gas and pee stop, there's no way I can get Debbie on the road any earlier than 7am. well, on her only day off anyways.
wink.png

Wheels are turning... I may make this into a Sat nite stay-over in Wellsboro, so then a Nooner would be fine.

Let me see if I can make some lodging arrangements.......

I'm registered for the Void Rally that weekend.

Hope you have good weather and have fun. Maybe next time...

Keep the Sunday Nooner!, I just made Saturday ressies at:

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany
29833_b1t.jpg

3234 NYS Route 417

Olean, NY 14760 US
Phone: 1-716-373-5333

-----------

Going to make this an Ellicotteville Brewery afternoon (Saturday) w dinner there. Then, Sun AM a ride down to Clearfield PA for the Burger Fest RTE!

Hoot-Hoot! ....Panty Droppers anyone?

Leaf-peeping? and, this one's shaping up nicely!

I'm good for a Sunday October 11 noon RTE. I haven't figured out, yet, what I am gonna do on that Saturday.....

I'm good for a Sunday October 11 noon RTE. I haven't figured out, yet, what I am gonna do on that Saturday.....
Julie- Make it a Leaf Peeping weekend and join us!

Get a room close by to Ellicotteville (NY) for Saturday, or better yet, stay at the same Olean NY Microtel! :)

Mid-Sat afternoon we'll be at the EBC, great food and of course brews. Even limited w drinks (b/c of riding), this place is worth the effort!

FB Page

large.jpg

11828692_10153356006342702_8244199682781822961_n.jpg

IMG_0027.JPG

Get a room close by to Ellicotteville (NY) for Saturday, or better yet, stay at the same Olean NY Microtel! :)

Mid-Sat afternoon we'll be at the EBC, great food and of course brews. Even limited w drinks (b/c of riding), this place is worth the effort!
If I make it a weekend of riding- I have friends to visit and stay with near Warren, PA. Ya know, that tiny town of Tidioute, (where the last RTE was) I used to call home for 2 years...... So I would be up in that region visiting Friday evening and all day Saturday. Free overnight stays, free food, horseback riding, and awesome friend company.... (How can you pass on that!?!?) Then just ride down from there on Sunday for lunch. It's just that there is a tech day in Ohio on that Saturday.... Decisions decisions.

Booked in on Saturday night, October 10 at the Wyndham in Olean NY.

Just need the ETA for the Ellicottville Brewing Company on Saturday and I'm locked and loaded - so to speak. :)

Get a room close by to Ellicotteville (NY) for Saturday, or better yet, stay at the same Olean NY Microtel!
smile.png

If I make it a weekend of riding- I have friends to visit and stay with near Warren, PA. Ya know, that tiny town of Tidioute, (where the last RTE was) I used to call home for 2 years...... So I would be up in that region visiting Friday evening and all day Saturday. Free overnight stays, free food, horseback riding, and awesome friend company.... (How can you pass on that!?!?) Then just ride down from there on Sunday for lunch.It's just that there is a tech day in Ohio on that Saturday.... Decisions decisions.
Sounds like a great plan as well! we'll see you down at Denny's Beer Barrel Sun at Noon then!

Bring yer appitite and take a burger challenge! ...I am! (I better win it this time!) argh!

Booked in on Saturday night, October 10 at the Wyndham in Olean NY.
Just need the ETA for the Ellicottville Brewing Company on Saturday and I'm locked and loaded - so to speak.
smile.png
SWEET!
hyper.gif

I was thinking like 4pm? (I want to avoid slab). So, do a happy hour on their deck, then dinner?. Since we can't drink the panty droppers there, plus, we have to drive about 15mi to our hotel, I was thinking?... we bring back a couple of 4-pak's back to our hotel for a parking lot night-capper.... pantious dropious style!

Any other border hawkers want in? Tim & Leana? ...prob too close for Mike & Laura
wink.png

*UPDATE*

I will be taking on the "Pub Challenger", Sunday Oct 11th at Denny's Beer Barrel Pub.

96er.jpg

To prepare myself, as I do not wish to fail! (this time);

I will arrive like a starved dog roaming the streets in Ethiopia.

I won't eat any ground beef within the prior week

My aftermath plan

First up, No, I'm not going to stick my fat finger down my throat.

I do plan on riding home on my bike (that same day) I hope!. I would be glad to ride bitch, but not so sure Debbie could come close to handling my F800GT let alone my K16-Sport. I may have to have a couple of "rest" stops. I know I'll be "napping" as soon as I do get home which will be about 6hrs and 300 some miles later.

Okay, 'nuff pre talk for me.

So if 'you' wanna up the 'Speed? ...well, I'd love the monja-monja company, and you'll whip my azz with one of these (I believe you get 2hrs compared to my 1hr on this one!).

DSCN0508.jpg

Latest posts