Ride To Eat - Solomon's Castle May 14th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recall reading on their site that they have a different price list for groups over 20. I'll watch the list and re-notify them if we get close.

I estimated 10-12 when I called them awhile back.

* rider list updated

Last edited by a moderator:
Tony

My wife planned an event there for Saturday. We rode over and there ended up being 27 people. The did a great job accommodating us. We ordered off the regular menu. I don't think you have to do the group rate and menu unless you want to.

They put us in the back room. I like sitting outside under the trees, but for this group it was great. It's a nice dining room with AC.

I think they have lots of big groups of riders dropping in on them, so I don't think there will be any problems.

The food was very good and service was great. It's a good place to have a RTE.

Also, I saw a Black Cherry FJR there with another group. Was it any of you guys? Never did get to talk to the owner.

Here's a comment posted 4 days ago on Tripadvisor:

"Just note, that although the web site say no credit cards, the restaurant does except them."

The castle itself is cash only.

I would bring cash anyway, just in case. ;-)

Tony if you want help coming up with a scenic route I know most of those roads. I ride this whole area pretty often.

If you are looking for a way to ride 1,000 miles before lunch you are on your own. ;-)

I was there in April. Great food. Take the tour. It's pretty funny .

Rob

Marie and I were at the Limestone Country Club yesterday, as the weather was PERFECT, and we had a swarm of lovebugs there. An FYI that they're coming.

I sure hope we can have the weather we're having this weekend. :rockwoot:

Yep, 20% chance of rain in the afternoon, highs in the low 90's.

If anyone is coming from the Tampa area, I'll be meeting up in Bartow at 10:30 (behind the Mid-Fl Credit Union) and leave by 10:45ish.

OK, all set to take off. I've got a decent route for the way there, but will probably blast it back home. There basically is no good way from my house in Mims.

See you all down there!

Ride safe Jim!

My friend (aka: The Wanker) Pete just texted, that him and his wife won't make it. My "girls" and I will be there though. :superman:

OK, all set to take off. I've got a decent route for the way there, but will probably blast it back home. There basically is no good way from my house in Mims.
See you all down there!
Yes, you have a ways to ride for this one. I think you and the Jax riders should plan out the next one, maybe even invite some of those

Georgia riders down south for some food and socializing. (?)