Ride To Eat - Solomon's Castle May 14th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Freakin' Love bug season!!! Gotta find a drive thru car wash to get the layer of bugs off my faceshield. I'm blaming this one on YOU, Rob.

I just got home; did FL70 to I-95 and blasted home. 391.5 miles on the day per Ms Garmin.

I left Mr.& Mrs 101st and Vic in Okeechobee. It was great seeing everyone and catchin' up just a bit. I would have never gone to Solomon Castle on my own, thanks for the push, that was a pretty good spot. They did a steady business when we were there and a fair amount of bikes of all shapes in and out.

See ya later!

Uggh.

I regret to say, Sorry, I was unable to make it. Had a family emergency pop up and had to drive to Atlanta Friday and Saturday the 13th and 14th. Never saw that one coming, but it was the right thing to do. I was really looking forward to this ride and sad to have missed it. Hoping we can do this again soon?

Gary

I enjoyed the hell out of it. The food was great. 320 miles round trip for me. Was it worth it! Yes!
yes.gif
I think Jim has a place picked out for the next one !

On the next RTE, when @ Solomon's Castle I was thinking of High Tides Flagler Beach:

https://www.snackjacks.com/

This place has great fish tacos and other menu items and I've been there a number of times. Another beach spot, but often really busy, is Breakers on New Smyrna Beach:

https://breakersnsb.com/

I go to Breakers fairly often as it's pretty close to beautiful Mims.

Speaking of Mims, we have a decent BBQ place, Louis Bar BQ; no website that I can find, but coordinates are: 28.6561198,-80.8423567

Immediately next door is Honeysuckle, which is a southern home style restaurant. They are pretty good, too. Both come up on Google maps, so you can read reviews and menu.

Moving South, there is Grilles @ Port Canaveral:

https://www.grillsseafood.com/

There are actually 2 of these, the second one is on the river down by Melbourne. I've been to the Port Canaveral Grilles many times over the yrs, and in fact it used to be just a little tiki bar 20+ yrs ago when I started going. Pretty good place, but really busy on the weekends. I've only been to the Melbourne location a couple of times. It's a duplicate of the Port location one, but newer and better parking. The Port IMO is still better as you can see the cruise ships going in and out, plus maybe a submarine if one is in port over @ NOTU across from Grilles.

My wife & I usually go to Fish Lips which is a short walk along the waterfront from Grilles. There are other choices, but I don't know them as well.

Thoughts? We can start a new thread. My biggest problem in June is scheduling. I'm going to West Virginia on a LD ride with Hoagy's Heroes (Check the LD rides section, I put a link), then back here for a week, then up to Montana with 101st for the FJR gathering in Red Lodge.

OK, back to Solomon's Castle:

Tony telling Vic something important:

My friend Bill and his new HD:

101st and the lovely Mrs 101st:

Looks like you had a great time, had a great day out too. Sometimes these days clash but will sure get to the next rte.

All of those places looked good to me, Jim. Throw a dart to select one and we will come. I have a room at my nieces house. They all look close to Sanford. At least closer that West Palm Beach.
grin.gif