Roadrunner Roadrunner runs down the road all day..

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rob and Tom rolled in around supper time at Casa Bungie. Rob popped the rear brake line so were going to have to get that fixed before we pull out tomorrow. Great BBQ Steak 'n Potato 'n Corn 'n Beer supper. Everybody has crashed out for the night.. me too in about 2 seconds.

Enjoy the ride west! Looking forward to seeing you guys again! :drinks:

I should be able to intercept you guys at Lake Louise (I assume based on your route description that you won't actually get to Banff townsite.)

I'll follow your spot, but PM me your cell# ( I assume you get text msgs) so I can let you know if/when I intend to try.

Rob and Tom rolled in around supper time at Casa Bungie. Rob popped the rear brake line so were going to have to get that fixed before we pull out tomorrow. Great BBQ Steak 'n Potato 'n Corn 'n Beer supper. Everybody has crashed out for the night.. me too in about 2 seconds.
You guyz certainly know how to party. 8:42 pm? Woot Woot party animals!

Canada FJR Dudes: When you start your run to SW-FOG 2010 from Vancouver Island, may I have your permission to move your Spot Link over to SW-FOG thread? You may pick up some groupies as you head South, just like Rush! Well, not exactly like Rush; imagine escapefjrtist, Niehart, ShinyPartsUp, dcarver and Old Michael. Scratch that, they are nothing like the Rush groupies! Bad idea, maybe?

Last edited by a moderator:
You guyz certainly know how to party. 8:42 pm? Woot Woot party animals!
That was 11:42pm EDT.

Quick update:

Rob's bad ju-ju with the car tire continues. He rubbed through his rear break line to the caliper and lost fluid pressure pulling into Sudbury. Called the local 5 Star Yammie Dealer who, as usual, sucked wet wooly donkey balls. He suggested we call a local Hydralics company. They refused to make a new line owing to liability issues. For fakes sakes.

Called my preferred dealer in Verner, RL Equipment. "Bring the bike over we'll get it fixed for you" So Rob jumped on the bike and rode it about 75km to the dealership, Tom and I listened to tunes in the car, in the rain. Long story short, RL came through by installing a braided steel line.

None of us ate since 7am wake up so we stopped a Mennonite run truckstop and had a truckers breakfast. Yum!

By the time we got back to my place it was noon. We hopped on the bikes and made the best of what was left of the day. Rain and cold and windy. Ended up stopping for the night just north of Manistique Mich @ the Dreamland Hotel. We'll get an early start tomorrow morning and make up a bit of lost time.

Turns out I forgot to throw my little point and shoot camera in the tank bag... dammit! I knew I'd forget something. Had to use my big mummachucka camera.

IMG_0161.jpg

Bikes outside in the cold 'n wet and windy.

IMG_0160.jpg

Rob playing with his camera and showing off his new Hello Kitty Netbook.

Oh ya, saw a bass boat blue FJR go past us headed south on Hwy 2. Rider was wearing a yellow helmet and Tom says it had a fuel cell.. anybody we know? Maybe a 10n10 participate?

Quick update:
Rob's bad ju-ju with the car tire continues. He rubbed through his rear break line to the caliper and lost fluid pressure pulling into Sudbury.

Dumb fuk.. :dribble: I figured he had sense enough to tie off that line with a zip tie or two..

Jeebus Rob! :lol: You owe me a pack of them fine smokes now.... :D

Fellas? It's looking like a cold wet trek for ya's

:jester: