Roadrunner Roadrunner runs down the road all day..

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shaving-beaver-710312.jpg

Have a great and safe trip, Guys! One of life's greatest joys, going out on the road with a couple of buddies on a motorcycle journey. Then getting to meet your FJR Forum Friends on your way, Classic.

Bravo!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like the beginning of a great trip, me jealous :(

and the only thing that stopped me from begging you to take me with you was the "hey we're camping, kumbayya" stuff and there you are in a cosy motel. I can still catch up with you guys you know! :assassin:

Day dawned more of the same wet shit as last night. Got on the road and it gradually cleared up. Stopped for lunch in Tigerton and stopped at the looniest old bastard ever at Rocks for Fun. If your ever passing through.. it's worth the stop, just don't humor the guy, he won't leave you alone.

Hauled a bit of ass today and did a 1000K, stopped for the night Owatanna Minnesota. Crossed the Mississippi for the first time in my life. We'll be hitting up South Dakota and the Black Hills tomorrow gunning for Cody.

Rob learned today that he can't squack out on a car tire... but he can do WICKED WHEELIES!

Sorry no update yesterday. Damn hotel didn't have Interwebs...

We left Minnesota and hauled ass across the prairie on I90W to the Badlands:

IMG_0193.jpg

Then onto to the Blackhills where we stopped for the night in Keystone just a few miles from Rushmore. This is the view from our hotel:

IMG_0220.jpg

This morning we woke up to cold and rain but hit the road anyway. First stop, Rushmore:

IMG_0223.jpg

Then onto Spearfish Canyon:

IMG_0225.jpg

and Devils Tower:

IMG_0228.jpg

I'm craving mashed potatos know...

From there we headed to Buffalo Wyoming for lunch at the Occidental Hotel (google it!), very cool place and good food.

From there we cut across the Bighorn Mountains on 14 to Cody where were hold up for the night:

IMG_0231.jpg

Ate dinner at Bubba's BBQ where we snarfed down enough great food to give a reputation to all future Canadians who visit there. The Fat Tire on top was good too!

Time for snoozing.. more scenery and stories to follow.

I'm sick of everybody asking me about the tire. Read the darkside thread.

Today dawned sunny and cold (43F) in Cody and we were on the road for 8:30 or so and immediately hit up the Chief Joseph Highway. Elevations peaked out and around 9000 feet. It was cold up top! I love my heated liner.

IMG_0239.jpg

Then, it was gut check time for me. Beartooth Pass. Remember, I'm the guy whose scared shitless of heights. Well, I did it, and I didn't piss my pants or cry like a little girl. But it was damn close. That fuckin' road is fucking ridiculous! I didn't stop for pics. but Rob and Tom did. I just wanted DOWN.

We stopped for lunch in Red Lodge then hit the road. We've cut out Glacier as we keep hearing reports of a bunch of construction (there was construction on Beartooth. But no where that was 'high'. Were headed directly for BC. Maybe take a days rest before WCR.

That is, if we can get Toms bike fixed up. We pulled into Missoula for the night and his bike dumped coolant all over the road. Fan wouldn't come on (see other thread). Not much we can do tonight.

The Holiday Inn hear rocks. They have a shuttle that brought me to the store for some smokes, then into Sean Kelly's for dinner and more beers.

More to come...

How about some feedback on that monster tire you have on back there. How is it in the twisties?

Ride safe,

Canadian FJR

We have had no trouble with the tire in the twisties. Slow speed turns require more attention though. We ripped through beartooth pass with no trouble.

Rob

ps. don't mind Steve, he has altitude sickness

A Great Ride Report Guys, keep them coming. Really looking forward to seeing you Canucks again in a week in Taos for SW-FOG 2010! So say Steve, exactly how is that car tire going for you, eh Hoser?

Last edited by a moderator: