RTE - Letchworth St Pk (NY) Sunday 12/13

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Top_Speed1

Panama Canal Crosser
Reaction score
1st up, I apologize for not being on here for the last few Months (applause goes here). I've had a big eCommerce website that I had to develop (ground-up) for a client, and my deadline is Dec 30. So, lucky you guys! I'm sure it's been more quiet here ;)

This doesn't mean I haven't been riding in this gorgeous weather! Me, Steamer and a few other buds have been a-scoot'n! :) I have pics and was going to do a mini RR, just got lost in all the php coding that is from day up to down for me.

---------------------------------------------------

What?: So this is a more last minute (Ride-to-Eat) plan, as, I heard the CNY forecast of low 60's and very nice tomorrow (Sunday Dec 13th, 2015).

Who?: Anyone interested with 2 (or 3 wheels) :)

Where?: Letchworth Pines ... 6985 Fillmore Road Portageville, NY (GPS it!)

Time?: Nooner, aka 12:00pm

10ec61cb-dcb1-4b7d-a48b-034098233f21.jpg

LetchworthStatePark_450.jpg

Portageville is on the very bottom side of Letchworth State Park. After lunch, we will trek up through the park. There is NO admission fee this time of year, so $8/bike normally can go for some $1 homemade Taco's (Sundays lunch Special at "the Pines", but they have an extensive menu as well). The trek through the park will be limited to a couple of waterfall and canyon vista Kodak moments. Idea is to get through the park by 3pm at latest, so folks can have time to venture back home. Our exit from the park will be at the Dam in Mt. Morris.

Hope you can make it, the park is gorge-ous! CU at the Letchworth Pines at Noon!

--------------------------Here's some pics from last years venture there-------------------------------

Lunch stop in Portageville NY

20140526_130101_zps7f2b195c.jpg

20140526_144704_zps33591c18.jpg

20140526_145840_zpsd9304179.jpg

20140526_150453_zps3d7b0a2b.jpg

20140526_150459_zps1186cff4.jpg

I was just wondering about you the other day! Unfortunately, we have a commitment for tomorrow already but I was able to get out for a couple of hours yesterday. Y'all enjoy and ride safe!!

Hey KJ

Nice to hear from you, Wine Guy and I got out yesterday afternoon, Our weather is not looking as well as yours so Ill have to say I am out but thanks for the offer. Keep in touch.

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/weather/ontario/grimsby/l3m3x4/E988757

I was just wondering about you the other day! Unfortunately, we have a commitment for tomorrow already but I was able to get out for a couple of hours yesterday. Y'all enjoy and ride safe!!
I knew we should have called you,

Hey KJ. Thanks for thinking of me. I work Sunday mornings until around noon. The 4+ hour ride each way isn't doable. Trevor and I will be riding today and tomorrow. The weather is incredible! If you were meeting up closer to us, we could've made it work. Have a great time.

This officially makes it 3 possible rides on Sunday. I had planned on a short ride with a friend in the late morning. This is his first year riding. Then I read about a meet to ride in Ohio, which I put as my back up. I don't think I'll be able to make Lechworth. I'd love to, but unless Greg bails on me, and they decide not to ride in Ohio, I'm out. I'll keep my fingers crossed for next month...
cold.gif

Disregard that response. Are you going no matter what? I just looked again at where they are meeting. My phone must have thought I was somewhere else when I looked up the directions. This morning my phone told me it was 2:46 to get there. The computer in front of me says it's 5:22. That's not a relaxing day of riding. Lechworth Pines is less than 2 hours. I'll be talking to my buddy in a few hours. It's a 50/50 shot on whether or not he's going to bail on me.

On Topic: Have fun on your Ride!

Off Topic: Thanks for posting up KJ, twas starting to become worried about your absence! Also haven't seen yamafitter-Billy Fitz, sending him an email!

Last edited by a moderator:
KJ Thanks for the PM on this!! I will be a game day decision because of house schedule, and if it's a no it won't be easy.

On another note, riding in December in New York. I'm having a hell of a time wrapping my head around that.
dribble.gif

I was outside today, working on the bikes, IN A T-SHIRT!

I don't remember ever seeing weather this nice in December.

Yee. Ha!

I am officially out. The boys out here are ready to ride tomorrow. Thanks for the invite, and I'm looking forward to the next one.

Latest posts