Rumour, Rumour, Rumour

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have read quite a bit of this post so far and I am still unsure of where you have settled on, I kn ow you are waiting for the decision in Oct. I am thinking of going if it is going to be held in the Muskoka/Perry sound area as there are some good roads around there, so I am told. I use this when I head out on rides and so far they have been accurate, the roads they suggest are usually fairly good. You will note all the good route in the Muskoka area.

My link

Last edited by a moderator:
I have read quite a bit of this post so far and I am still unsure of where you have settled on, I kn ow you are waiting for the decision in Oct. I am thinking of going if it is going to be held in the Muskoka/Perry sound area as there are some good roads around there, so I am told. I use this when I head out on rides and so far they have been accurate, the roads they suggest are usually fairly good. You will note all the good route in the Muskoka area.

I have been to Manitoba, great for top speed as the roads are long and flat and straight.. with great scenery..flat grass lands and a bit of water unless you head up north.

My link

Lots of the reviews for those roads need to be updated. That map is at least 6 years old and many of the roads are in piss poor shape. Mind you, a good road is a good road. I'm pretty sure those of us nearby can add a lot to that map. I can think of 4 or 5 right off the top of my head that should be on there.

https://www.motowhere.com/listpaths/country/43/region/38 PERFECT Motorcycling Roads in Manitoba Province, Creamy Smooth as wheatonFJR would say! Old Michael is working up his list of the very best Manitoba M/C roads as we speak! Hudson Bay: Here we come, ese Chingaso!

You know your from Manitoba, Canada, when....

You only know three spices - salt, pepper and ketchup.

You design your Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.

The mosquitoes have landing lights.

You have more miles on your snowblower than your car.

You have 10 favourite recipes for moose meat.

Canadian Tire on any Saturday is busier than the toy stores at Christmas.

You live in a house that has no front step, yet the door is one meter above the ground.

You've taken your kids trick-or-treating in a blizzard.

Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled in with snow.

You owe more money on your snowmobile than your car.

The local paper covers national and international headlines on 1/4 page, but requires 6 pages for sports.

At least twice a year, the kitchen doubles as a meat processing plant.

The most effective mosquito repellent is a shotgun.

Your snowblower gets stuck on the roof.

You think the start of moose season is a national holiday.

You head south to go to your cottage.

You frequently clean grease off your barbeque so the bears won't prowl on your deck.

You know which leaves make good toilet paper.

The major parish fund-raiser isn't bingo - it's sausage making.

You find -40C a little chilly.

The trunk of your car doubles as a deep freezer.

You attend a formal event in your best clothes, your finest jewelry and your Sorels.

You can play road hockey on skates.

You know 4 seasons - Winter, Still Winter, almost Winter and Construction.

The municipality buys a Zamboni before a bus.

You actually get these jokes and forward them to all your Northern friends.

https://www.motowhere...ry/43/region/38 PERFECT Motorcycling Roads in Manitoba Province, Creamy Smooth as wheatonFJR would say! Old Michael is working up his list of the very best Manitoba M/C roads as we speak! Hudson Bay: Here we come, ese Chingaso!
I would have to agreed that the interchange at 1 and 100 in Winnipeg is Creamy Smooth and the road all the way to the next turn in Calgary is pretty smooth too.

Now that the Donald has some of the Newbies confused as to the location of the 2013 CFR with the Donald's incessant babbling about Manitoba let me be clear that it is the intent that the 2013 CFR will be held in Huntsville, Ontario. If I hear one more word about Manitoba from the Donald I'm going to beat him with a keilbasa and feed him to the polar bears.

https://www.motowhere...ry/43/region/38 PERFECT Motorcycling Roads in Manitoba Province, Creamy Smooth as wheatonFJR would say! Old Michael is working up his list of the very best Manitoba M/C roads as we speak! Hudson Bay: Here we come, ese Chingaso!
I would have to agreed that the interchange at 1 and 100 in Winnipeg is Creamy Smooth and the road all the way to the next turn in Calgary is pretty smooth too.

Now that the Donald has some of the Newbies confused as to the location of the 2013 CFR with the Donald's incessant babbling about Manitoba let me be clear that it is the intent that the 2013 CFR will be held in Huntsville, Ontario. If I hear one more word about Manitoba from the Donald I'm going to beat him with a keilbasa and feed him to the polar bears.
Thanks for straightening that out, I'm a simple man and it doesn't take much to confuse me. That location will work for me as it is nice and close, now I just have to hope work will co-operate.

As for the map, Bungie, I would really appreciate it if you could let me know what roads are good as I have been keeping an updated copy and adding to it as I come across a road that I like.

As for the map, Bungie, I would really appreciate it if you could let me know what roads are good as I have been keeping an updated copy and adding to it as I come across a road that I like.
Apparently no one has explained to you just how much a bad idea it is to ask Bungie for directions. When you're following Bungie, up ain't up and Bungie's concept of north defies logic. I'm starting to think the sun rises in the west at Bungie's house.

Apparently no one has explained to you just how much a bad idea it is to ask Bungie for directions. When you're following Bungie, up ain't up and Bungie's concept of north defies logic. I'm starting to think the sun rises in the west at Bungie's house.
For Petey's sake Bill, don't stop Bungie from creating maps for Yamifz1; I'm dying to see exactly what they'll look like, probably will appear like a soup sandwich on paper! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

Bill, beating Don with keibasa I'm sure he would enjoy that.

Now feeding him to the polar bears, that's not going to work. Bears only like fresh meat and he's far to old to be considered fresh.

Bill, beating Don with keibasa I'm sure he would enjoy that.

Now feeding him to the polar bears, that's not going to work. Bears only like fresh meat and he's far to old to be considered fresh.
Right you are Karl, besides with all of the alcohol and mota in my system Bill would be cited by Fish and Game for poisoning the polar bears: I'm safe on this one ese!

:rofl: It's funny 'cuz it's true!

:rofl: It's funny 'cuz it's true!
Says the guy who took over and promptly led us all into an underground parking garage. At least I kept us all above ground.

Hey Bungie keep an eye skyward as I may be in Sudbury on Thursday doing some training for Search and Rescue in the region. Have to give a guy a check ride and I have planned it in the area, that is provided the weather co-operates. I'm sure if you ask around someone they can give you directions to the airport so you know which way to look...Couldn't help but join in on the harassment.

Hey Bungie keep an eye skyward as I may be in Sudbury on Thursday doing some training for Search and Rescue in the region. Have to give a guy a check ride and I have planned it in the area, that is provided the weather co-operates. I'm sure if you ask around someone they can give you directions to the airport so you know which way to look...Couldn't help but join in on the harassment.
Sudbury has an airport?!

Chuy is fully aware that it is now snow scuba diving season up in the Great White Frozen North Wasteland eh, but have the dates and venue been set for CFR 2013 yet?

You drunken Canucks, if you want this to be a Juarez, Mexico three car wedding procession you could just let our HotRodZilla plan it out for you! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

meanwhile-in-canada.jpg

Seeing as how this is a rumour thread.... that I started and the real host hasn't spoken up or started a new thread.... then it is still rumour... right MEM? :lol:

Seeing as how this is a rumour thread.... that I started and the real host hasn't spoken up or started a new thread.... then it is still rumour... right MEM? :lol:
So let me get this straight Tom: Is it Mary Ellen, or is it Bill, who is the Rallymaster whose ass I have to kiss to get the hotel venue and exact dates for CFR 2013?

If it's yamafitter, then NO way in Hell dammit! If it's actually MEM, then Papa Chuy Viejo is puckering up Baby! HUBBA, HUBBA, HUBBA!

Damn it all to hell. I've been trying to get up to Huntsville for a month now and the weather has sucked or I had other commitments and couldn't get away. It can snow for all I care I'm leaving this morning and getting this taken care of.

What is the big rush anyway to book rooms. The CFR is going to be JUNE 20-23, 2012 which is still 8 MONTHS AWAY.

I haven't talked to Jeff about the website and I doubt most places will take bookings this early anyways. I know the US election has BeemerDons overly excited but he really needs to take a Valium and mellow out, relax and plan Thanksgiving. I will be talking with my contact inside Yamaha Canada this Saturday and sometime before Black Friday there will be a solid official announcement. So stop stressing, it's not healthy for you.

By the way if I start a new thread now BeemerDons will just fill it with 1000 pages of unrelated crap so why bother??