Rumour, Rumour, Rumour

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure Jeff.. How does it do in the snow?
I said "house"... not ride it like a used up hooker!
tongue.gif

If that was a Florida garage, I'd guess that red thing on two wheels was a roto-tiller. However, I"m wondering if it's a snowblower. And, let's see, the grey thing is a pressure washer, right?

It would be a hoot to have a little contest to see who could identify all the shtuff you got in there.

I wonder which would be harder, doing some serious maintenance on the FJR in the garage, or clearing enough stuff out of the garage so you can do so...

Dude, you need a shed REAL BAD. I"m guessing I'm not the only one that's thought about that...

Gary

darksider #44

Last edited by a moderator:
Bill,

I'm heading down Parry Sound way for a little leaf peeping ride this weekend. Anything you want me to check out?
Not yet. Until we have the official CFR Headquarters nailed down we can't properly build routes. The route should be about 400 - 500 km and include all waypoints (POI) for gas & food. I am also thinking about doing a geocache run for CFR 2013. Tom has some experience with street bike rally events and I was planning on picking his brain at Tech Day V.

At this moment my focus is on finding a facility that can handle about 50 people, serves breakfast and has banquet facilities. Some of my dirt bike buddies who also snowmobile spend a lot of time in the area. They are telling me that a number of hotels in the area have closed over the past few years but were mostly the smaller ones that would not have worked for us anyways. As a fallback position there is the Deerhurst Resort, site of the G7 Summit a few years back. I know BeemerDons thinks of himself as the elder statesman of the FJR Forum but I don't think even he could afford that.

If that was a Florida garage, I'd guess that red thing on two wheels was a roto-tiller. However, I"m wondering if it's a snowblower. And, let's see, the grey thing is a pressure washer, right?

It would be a hoot to have a little contest to see who could identify all the shtuff you got in there.

Gary

darksider #44
I'll get you started with the big stuff .....

my-garage-labelled-L.jpg

I wonder which would be harder, doing some serious maintenance on the FJR in the garage, or clearing enough stuff out of the garage so you can do so...

Dude, you need a shed REAL BAD. I"m guessing I'm not the only one that's thought about that...
When I need to work in the garage I bring in a D9 Cat and just shove everything out into the driveway. When I'm done I use the bulldozer to shove everything back in.

It's pretty easy actually.
wink.gif

Old Michael sent me this by email yesterday, then called me up at Midnight sadly blubbering away about how much he missed Manitoba!

I told him to get a grip Maun, they are just Mexicans wearing Sweaters for Petey's sake! Imagine HotRodZilla in a toque drinking Molson!

olympic-vancouver-2010-team-canada-toque-hat-profile.jpg

It has just been announced that Huntsville has made the shortlist of three to be selected as the site for the Ironman Canada triathlon, which has been held in Penticton BC forever. (the other 2 are both in BC: Kelowna and Whistler)

Sounds like the decision will be announced by the middle of October. Not much point in doing too much spade work in H'Ville until then Bill, as all bets will be off if they get the nod. The Ironman is a big tourism money event, I just don't see CFR getting priority... And who wants to have to swerve around all of those sweaty ectomorphs even if they do? :lol:

Old Michael and Papa Chuy are still keeping our fingers crossed Manitoba will be considered for CFR 2013!

421300_10151076964242852_1724001338_n.jpg

It has just been announced that Huntsville has made the shortlist of three to be selected as the site for the Ironman Canada triathlon, which has been held in Penticton BC forever. (the other 2 are both in BC: Kelowna and Whistler)

Sounds like the decision will be announced by the middle of October. Not much point in doing too much spade work in H'Ville until then Bill, as all bets will be off if they get the nod. The Ironman is a big tourism money event, I just don't see CFR getting priority... And who wants to have to swerve around all of those sweaty ectomorphs even if they do? :lol:
The Ironman Canada event is held in August so I don't see how this would impact our event in late June or am I missing something here?

Only 300ish miles away, looks like at least a day trip is forming. So I'll spend some time in the parking lot here practicing my U-turns - Bungie, how about a CFR500??

apparently U are missing something.....................But..???????????????????

Oh damn..No mention of a DRAGON..This might suk.

Old Michael and Papa Chuy are still keeping our fingers crossed Manitoba will be considered for CFR 2013!
Right ON, Brother Don.

...I'll get to work on the t-shirts!

polarbear_1933.gif
Totally Cool T-shirt Mick, fantastic logo and design for CFR 2013 in Spirit Lake! I just sent an e-mail to Winnipeg for the Manitoba Province Tourism Packet. Thanks to You and I, all Bill F. has to do is stock the bar and cook the kielbasa! MANITOBA ROCKS! https://www.travelmanitoba.com/FreeKit/

Enough already about all this Manitoba talk. Let's get back on track....Ontario!! I've ridden up through there a couple times now, and if CFR is in Ontario I might just have re-think a return trip to SW-FOG in '13. The ride back home would be sooo much shorter, and not so freaking hot either. Also I'd be able to show the wife what it is I like about riding up there so much.

Just my cent and a half worth.