Rumour, Rumour, Rumour

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just thinkin of those poor boys that never ate grits, or rode in 100f + weather lol
I've done both. They both suck. :D

Come on up here, you can ride in near freezing temps and eat Poutine (Pootin) while fending off toothless sqauws wearing the skins from bears they've killed themselves!

Why do you think BeemerDon likes it so much up here?!

Come on up here, you can ride in near freezing temps and eat Poutine (Pootin) while fending off toothless squaws wearing the skins from bears they've killed themselves!

Why do you think BeemerDon likes it so much up here?!
Hubba, hubba, hubba! Now you have got Papa Chuy hot and bothered!

Can't wait! Trawno is beautiful in June.
If it's in Trawna, first of all I'll skip it, second, find the disorganizers and drown them (they know better, so they're safe).

Wondering if the rumour mill can narrow it down to a little more specific area there, Tom.......
So what are we organizing next? :unsure:
As Jeff announced at the banquet. NAFO (or will it be CFR?) 2013 in Ontario - somewhere east of here. :p

Al.
https://www.huntsville.ca/en/Visiting.asp Huntsville: Seth, Donna and Chuy already have our room reserved! https://classic.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Chandler&1s=AZ&1y=US&1l=33.303379&1g=-111.840828&1v=CITY&2c=Huntsville&2s=ON&2y=CA&2l=45.326561&2g=-79.218002&2v=CITY 2,400 miles and 40 hours driving time from Zonieland Chandler, AZ to CFR Canuck Central; since there are three of us, we will need an Audi A4 Convertible. AUDI, the official preferred vehicle of choice for all NAFO / CFR Events!

audi-a4-cabriolet-02.jpg
What kind of an ass takes a car to a bike rally?

I think I have found the perfect rally headquarters situated on the shores on Lake O-Pe-On-Go in Algonquin Park ....

outhouses_5x.jpg

For those thinking I'm making this up here is the link to the map.

Algonquin Park Map

https://www.huntsvill...en/Visiting.asp Huntsville: Seth, Donna and Chuy already have our room reserved! https://classic.mapqu....218002&2v=CITY 2,400 miles and 40 hours driving time from Zonieland Chandler, AZ to CFR Canuck Central; since there are three of us, we will need an Audi A4 Convertible. AUDI, the official preferred vehicle of choice for all NAFO / CFR Events!
Forget the Audi Don. I have found you a mode of transportation more suitable for the speeds that you prefer to travel. I even made sure it had cup holders and a place for your burro....

radioflyerwagon-L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.huntsvill...en/Visiting.asp Huntsville: Seth, Donna and Chuy already have our room reserved! https://classic.mapqu....218002&2v=CITY 2,400 miles and 40 hours driving time from Zonieland Chandler, AZ to CFR Canuck Central; since there are three of us, we will need an Audi A4 Convertible. AUDI, the official preferred vehicle of choice for all NAFO / CFR Events!
Forget the Audi Don. I have found you a mode of transportation more suitable for the speeds that you prefer to travel. I even made sure it had cup holders and a place for your burro....

radioflyerwagon-L.jpg
Many Thanks Bill, You are My Buddy and Always Thinking of Me! Looks good to us, but can it be adapted to carry four people in it? Donna's 13 year old Grand-daughter Rianna wants to come along to Huntsville with us for CFR 2013, so we need a vehicle that can seat two adults, a large teenager in my Son Seth and a petite 13 year old.

Rianna has never been to Canada and she wants to see Frostbackland, we offered to take her to a nice country like Mexico instead: But she insisted on touring Canada!

https://www.huntsvilleadventures.com/index.html We Stanley Boys no more than get home from a CFR (NAFO 2012) and we are already planning the next trip Nord du Ligne, ese!

Found this neat website, signed up for the Newsletter and printed out the 48 page Huntsville, CA Visitors Guide. Puta la Maji, this looks like a Great CFR Rally Site 2013!

Perhaps I can throw together a list of all the cool little spots I found while routing the last two UpperCan400 rallies.....folks can add it to their travel plans and get a much better look at what Southern Ontario has to offer while en-route to Huntsville!!........I might even organize one for 2013 but it's not looking good so far.

Matt

Happy to report I have not run over any more 4X4 posts lately.

There was more talk about 2013 CFR during last 7 days. It looks like it is coming together!
Dibs on the best camping spot in yer yard Tom..
Bustanut joker: huron52 would definitely know the facts since was "sleeping" with the 2013 CFR Rallymaster for those last 7 days, I don't mean Pam either!

For those coming from afar there is one important fact to know about Ontario. There is Toronto and then there is the rest of Ontario. It is extremely important not to confuse the two. There are routes from the east that are great fun and stay as far away from Toronto as is physically possible. There are also routes from the west that do the same but are not as much fun.

I'm biased however since I live on the correct side of Toronto for the fun riding. Under no circumstances do you want to route the 401 into Toronto and then go up the 400. You might as well put a gun to your head and pull the trigger.

See here... thing is... If Bill is involved in this here shindig, well... you just know it's gonna be gooder than good. Eh? :yahoo:

We will definitely try to squeeze this one in, Billy. But there are so many things competing for our limited vacation time.

First things first: I'll get on to renewing my passport as it recently expired. That will get me access to this thing and also back up to New Scotland as I feel we didn't spend nearly enough time there last year. And then...

Has anyone run an FJR across the Trans Lab? How aboot two up? :eek:

For those coming from afar there is one important fact to know about Ontario. There is Toronto and then there is the rest of Ontario. It is extremely important not to confuse the two. There are routes from the east that are great fun and stay as far away from Toronto as is physically possible. There are also routes from the west that do the same but are not as much fun.

I'm biased however since I live on the correct side of Toronto for the fun riding. Under no circumstances do you want to route the 401 into Toronto and then go up the 400. You might as well put a gun to your head and pull the trigger.
Aye the Lad is correct.. ;)

Under no circumstances do you want to route the 401 into Toronto and then go up the 400. You might as well put a gun to your head and pull the trigger.
I did just that yesterday. Hit the 400N at rush hour. It would've been far safer to head north in the southbound lanes. At least then the cars are only coming at you from one direction.

See here... thing is... If Bill is involved in this here shindig, well... you just know it's gonna be gooder than good. Eh? :yahoo:

We will definitely try to squeeze this one in, Billy. But there are so many things competing for our limited vacation time.

First things first: I'll get on to renewing my passport as it recently expired. That will get me access to this thing and also back up to New Scotland as I feel we didn't spend nearly enough time there last year. And then...

Has anyone run an FJR across the Trans Lab? How aboot two up? :eek:
Check ADVrider forum. Quite a few street bikes have done it. More and more as the unpaved milage keeps droping.

If two up is iffy we could send Jane and Josie up to Huntsville in a cage. :p

John(john & Pattie) has ridden an FJR to Alaska twice, so the TLH should not be that big a deal.