Run What Ya Brung

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIODSL

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
In a moment of stupidity, I signed up for Steve Chalmer's Run What Ya Brung rally. When I saw what it was going to take to be competitive I got a queasy feeling in my stomach. With Gustav scheduled to hit the Gulf Coast states I feel down right sick. You can follow me on the rally via SPOT tracker and audio blog at https://paulpeloquin.blogspot.com/ The rally starts at 7 AM MST on Tuesday September 2nd.

Paul Peloquin

IBA #333

Monmouth OR

Have a great time Paul. We'll want to hear all about it if you're coming to Boise/Chiliburger.

DY

This is kinda cool. I get to watch a rally myself and not be the one playing a drowned rat.

I feel for 'ya Paul.....but going to enjoy this one on the other side.

Good luck my friend!

Good luck Paul and keep your cigarettes dry! :drag:

I too will be following your blog and SPOT (somehow that sounds disgusting.)

Paul,

Congrats on your podium finish. Third place is great. 6,033 miles in 5 days is a lot. I really enjoyed listening to your audio blog. It was fun. That hot dog in Chicago sounds great.

Also, congratulations to Dick Peek for his second place finish and especially to Brian Roberts for his first place finish. I cannot wait to read all about it. I look forward to seeing Brian at the LOE in four weeks.

Paul, thanks again for going to the effort of blogging during your rally. It is something else to be here in LA and listing to what you are going through during the competition. It is greatly appreciated.

Paul,
Congrats on your podium finish. Third place is great. 6,033 miles in 5 days is a lot. I really enjoyed listening to your audio blog. It was fun. That hot dog in Chicago sounds great.

Also, congratulations to Dick Peek for his second place finish and especially to Brian Roberts for his first place finish. I cannot wait to read all about it. I look forward to seeing Brian at the LOE in four weeks.

Paul, thanks again for going to the effort of blogging during your rally. It is something else to be here in LA and listing to what you are going through during the competition. It is greatly appreciated.
I will second that. You did great, Paul. I really enjoyed following along with the blogs and the SPOT. Way to go on the podium finish!!!

Congrats on the podium finish Paul. :clapping: And thanks for letting the rest of us tag along for the ride. I for one thoroughly enjoyed it!

I know how you feel about the Chicago dog. I had a BBQ sandwich at a roadside stand in Mississippi for a bonus on the BL. The best damn BBQ I've ever had.

Paul,

Great job on the ride. It was good to see you at the finish. I made top ten but wasn't even in your class. You, Dick and Brian rode a great rally.

Dave

Paul,
Great job on the ride. It was good to see you at the finish. I made top ten but wasn't even in your class. You, Dick and Brian rode a great rally.

Dave
Thanks to everyone. I had a goal of doing 6000 miles in the rally and I'm pleased to say I made it. But sometihing Briain Roberts said at the banquet bears repeating: those of us who spend a lot of time around LD riders tend to forget how fantastic our rides are. Everyone who completed this ride, whether they finished first or last, accomplished something special on the RWYB rally. Five days and 5000 miles is an incredible feat. Every finisher should take pride in their rides.

Paul Peloquin

IBA #333

Monmouth OR

Paul,

I agree 100% with Brian too. This was my first multi-day ride and never expected to finish as well as I did.

Take care,

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to everyone. I had a goal of doing 6000 miles in the rally and I'm pleased to say I made it. But sometihing Briain Roberts said at the banquet bears repeating: those of us who spend a lot of time around LD riders tend to forget how fantastic our rides are. Everyone who completed this ride, whether they finished first or last, accomplished something special on the RWYB rally. Five days and 5000 miles is an incredible feat. Every finisher should take pride in their rides.
Paul Peloquin

IBA #333

Monmouth OR
Actually Paul - the thing that bears repeating is what I told you at the start - run that route clockwise away from the storms B)

Everybody who showed up should be congratulated as their were at least 10 people who backed out due to the inclimate weather we were faced with. Dick and Paul (and others) ran outstanding rallies and these guys are always consistent competitors. They just do not beat themselves and that means they will always finish towards the top of the pack. (besides they ride FJR's so the competitors cannot depend on their bikes falling apart - as we can some others...).

If you have not already seen it I provide a detailed ride report here on the IBA site:

https://www.ironbutt.org/forum/forum_posts....D=2362&PN=1

Brian R.

Latest posts