SE Ohio "Ramble II"

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tstaff

tstaff
Reaction score
So who would be up for trying Wheaties route on Saturday June 28th?

2008SEOHoverallbeta.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me check with some of my ridin buddies to see if there up to it. I rode most of the ride the first timearound, but IMO the more the merrier. Put me down as a maybe.

P.S. Here we go again, another 450 hit thread.

Dave

First day of my week long vacation too. If we don't decide to go any place, I'm up for it. I'll have to let you know for sure, but put me down as a maybe.

No checkin with wife here!…She loves to see me leave. :yahoo: I’m in, and that week long vacation thing sounds good too, I think I’ll pencil myself in for that. Thanks for the idea guys :)

I'm booked at the Super 8 for Friday & Saturday night. ;)
People should keep in mind that the restaurants are not within close walking distance...Short riding distance. So the best chance for a beer is to get the 6 pack from the wall mart if yer into that sort of thing.

People should keep in mind that the restaurants are not within close walking distance...Short riding distance. So the best chance for a beer is to get the 6 pack from the wall mart if yer into that sort of thing.
Maybe I should rethink my hotel choice?

Any ideas that are within walking distance for food & drinks?

Someone mentioned in the previous Ramble thread that they stayed at Ameri-Host I think. Could have been OhioFJR1300...

I had no problem at the Super 8....cuz beer from the 6 pack tastes better ;) (and I don't mind riding to dinner). But if you want to walk to the restaurant...I would recommend looking at the others. Google Athens motels for the choices...

Someone mentioned in the previous Ramble thread that they stayed at Ameri-Host I think. Could have been OhioFJR1300...

I had no problem at the Super 8....cuz beer from the 6 pack tastes better ;) (and I don't mind riding to dinner). But if you want to walk to the restaurant...I would recommend looking at the others. Google Athens motels for the choices...
Yep, the AmeriHost is on the same street as the Super 8. Its west of the freeway. Bob Evans is right across the parking lot. There were a few pizza shops and other places within walking distance. Price for the room was the same as the Super 8. Google the Athens AmerHost and you will find it. Great place.

Oh man that looks sweet Tom I might have to join you for that but I have some deadlines at work. I will see if I can cut loose.

Oh man that looks sweet Tom I might have to join you for that but I have some deadlines at work. I will see if I can cut loose.
And I didn't think you would have anything to do until September. :D

It will be great if you can make it Kevin, make sure you invite the Old Dog. :good:

Yep, the AmeriHost is on the same street as the Super 8. Its west of the freeway. Bob Evans is right across the parking lot. There were a few pizza shops and other places within walking distance. Price for the room was the same as the Super 8. Google the Athens AmerHost and you will find it. Great place.
Thanks for the tip on AmeriHost guys but they are showing no rooms available that weekend.

I'll just stick with the Super 8 & keep the beer on ice in the tub!

I’m not sure of the head count & to be honest I wasn’t really planning on keeping track of it.

As of right now a few of us will be at the super 8 on Friday & Saturday night, most likely having a few beers & bullshitting in the parking lot after a couple of great days of riding.

I don’t plan on having a starting time, a riders meeting, passing out route maps, or dividing people into groups based on riding style.

I plan on running Wheaton’s route as he had posted for the first ramble.

I have made a Mapsource file of the route & can email it to anyone who needs it, just shoot me a PM w/your email address.

If you don’t have a GPS please print your own directions from here, or feel free to make up your own route?

I would hope that the people who show up can divide up in groups of 2-5 max & “Ride your own Ride”.

The only rule; Return safely to Athens for Beer! :drinks: