SE Ohio "Ramble II"

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greetings from Colorado Springs,yep I'm on vacation.

Just wanted everyone to know that ODOT has rolled out a beautifull black welcome mat for the ramblers.Sunday I rode 555 from head to tail and discovered that you have fresh pavement from Chesterhill to Decautersville(7.5 miles north of 7).When I was on it,it wasn't quite finished,but it should be by ramble time.That southern section of 555 to 676 is a blast.Also,676 is clean now,I hope you guys don't get trapped behind a slow moving string of cars like I did.

If you're coming from the north,you might want to consider taking 555 all the way down.

Gotta go,a campsite in Telluride is waiting-and a four day bluegrass festival.

Just wanted everyone to know that ODOT has rolled out a beautifull black welcome mat for the ramblers.Sunday I rode 555 from head to tail and discovered that you have fresh pavement from Chesterhill to Decautersville(7.5 miles north of 7).When I was on it,it wasn't quite finished,but it should be by ramble time.That southern section of 555 to 676 is a blast.Also,676 is clean now,I hope you guys don't get trapped behind a slow moving string of cars like I did.

If you're coming from the north,you might want to consider taking 555 all the way down.

Thanks for the update...

...d*mn you for not inviting me along...a Bluegrass festival in CO sounds great. :clapping:

Thanks for the update Denny.

Have a great vacation.

Are BillyJoJimbob & the backwards ass country fu#ks playing? :lol:

Thanks for the update Denny.

Have a great vacation.

Are BillyJoJimbob & the backwards ass country fu#ks playing? :lol:
No Tom, you're confused....that was EOM. :lol:

I still *MIGHT* be able to make it. Don't really know for sure yet. What time is the roll out going to be? 8AM like last time? If not, I'll try to be there by 8. If I'm not there by 8:15, leave without me. I may be behind and I can catch up. I know a few shortcuts ;)

Wheatie, do you remember the way thru Marietta? Be sure to turn left by the Speedway across from Marietta College!

[SIZE=18pt]******** LEO ALERT!!!!! LEO ALERT!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]

All,

I have just been informed that the local law enforcement offices have decided to begin patrolling the Bartlett area quite heavily. Now, some of you may not recognize this name, but Bartlett is a town you run thru while on 555. So if anyone if heading on either 555/550/377 or other roads in this area, please be aware of your speed. Don't need anyone getting any performance awards!!

I still *MIGHT* be able to make it. Don't really know for sure yet. What time is the roll out going to be? 8AM like last time? If not, I'll try to be there by 8. If I'm not there by 8:15, leave without me. I may be behind and I can catch up. I know a few shortcuts ;)
Wheatie, do you remember the way thru Marietta? Be sure to turn left by the Speedway across from Marietta College!
I thought I made it thru Marietta okay last time...I do have left over turnsheets which I'll bring just in case anybody cares.

Dave, tstaff is "the dude" this time around....regarding riding, so you might want to send him a pm if you're aiming for a certain time.

[SIZE=18pt]******** LEO ALERT!!!!! LEO ALERT!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]

All,

I have just been informed that the local law enforcement offices have decided to begin patrolling the Bartlett area quite heavily. Now, some of you may not recognize this name, but Bartlett is a town you run thru while on 555. So if anyone if heading on either 555/550/377 or other roads in this area, please be aware of your speed. Don't need anyone getting any performance awards!!
We can just send Kevin & Dick out first, they could have every local LEO chase them all the way to New Martinsville then it's clear for the rest of us. :yahoo:

Not sure on a time our group will pull out.

I figured we would scope out a place for Saturdays breakfast after we arrive on Friday.

I'm sure we will be on the road by 8:30.

We can just send Kevin & Dick out first, they could have every local LEO chase them all the way to New Martinsville then it's clear for the rest of us. :yahoo:
Not sure on a time our group will pull out.

I figured we would scope out a place for Saturdays breakfast after we arrive on Friday.

I'm sure we will be on the road by 8:30.
Har-de har har har <_< if your going to use me like bait I expect some Scooby Snacks :)

Paid in full! :)

scoobysnacks.jpg

Well since Tom found a weather forcast that looked good I booked the room :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :yahoo: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

now lets just hope Accuweather is wrong about Saturday :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :glare:

PS what time are people planning on arriving at the Super 8 on Friday?? I am thinking I will get out of here by 1 pm and work my way down there (old school) by dinner. :)

PS I think Dick and I will be takin This route

Last edited by a moderator: