SE Ohio ride August 4th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I am going to tweak the route tonight to take into account Tom's comments...AND to avoid the gravelly section north of Chesterhill on 555.

Stay tuned...

Okay...I have tweaked the route a little bit and will post up the revised map shortly...380 miles of curviness, should be a good education to my son what real mcy roads look like. :D

...as far as meetup details for Wednesday morning in Caldwell, OH

Kickstands up (with full tanks) at 9:15am from the Lori's Family Restaurant parking lot. It is east of the Interstate a few hundred yards on the south side of Rt 78...next to a BP Station.

Those of us camping overnight are planning on leaving Wolf Run campground at 8am, gassing up and being at the restaurant at 8:15am if others want to join us for breakfast...and chat about the day's ride.

See you there. :clapping:

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, here is the revised route...

2010Rambleroutemap-380miles.jpg

Western part...

take a little loop south of McConnelsville and come back to 78 via 377...missing the gravelled portion of 555

2010Ramblewestmap-380miles.jpg

Central part...

2010Ramblecentermap-380miles.jpg

Eastern part...

We take a run down 255 then back up 255 then head east on 78...to avoid closed 536 road.

2010Rambleeastmap-380miles.jpg

Another excellent route Mark.I wish I could ride it with you guys,but I can't this time.

If anyone watching this thread is interested in finding the good roads in S.E.O.,this would be a good route to print out.

Have fun,and I hope to be riding with you later in the year.

Looks great, kinda like a kid scribbling with a crayon :D

How many miles is it?

I plan on being there for breakfast Wednesday - Bryan

The route is 380 miles, +/-. :yahoo:

If people are feeling tired from constantly shifting their body around and pushing hard on those handlebars all day, or if conditions aren't great, we can cut off a loop on the way back to the barn...OR we can rerun some of the roads, if everybody is still feeling chipper! :D

In any case, this is the base route for this year...sorry it's midweek and more of you can't partake of the isolated, clear, unobstructed roads.

Bryan, we'll see you at breakfast. :clapping:

Thanks for the approval Denny...all I did was go on the roads you recommended. You haven't been wrong yet! ;)

You guys got room for a couple more?

Looks like myself and my neighbor (JimLL) were able to get our schedules clear to come out and play.

We should be able to get there in time for breakfast. Would it be possible to get the GPX file for the route?

Thanks,

-Paul

Looks like myself and my neighbor (JimLL) were able to get our schedules clear to come out and play.

We should be able to get there in time for breakfast. Would it be possible to get the GPX file for the route?

Thanks,

-Paul
Paul, you might want to PM Mark (wheatonFJR) for the files...at least the weather is looking pretty good :yahoo: https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?C...81.5131&e=1

Maybe a little hot :beach:

Thanks,

-Paul
Paul,

That's great that you and Jim can come riding. I will email you the gpx file from my home computer tonight if you PM me your email addy. I can provide a turn sheet as well if Jim wants one....but I need an affirmative on that before I print that out...as my FJR will be loaded up to the gills with this camping trip.

Joe, I have a turn sheet for you as well.

Anybody else coming need a turn sheet?...last call.

Edit: List of riders

wheatonFJR

WheatonJR (XJ600)

El Toro Joe

Bryguy

pmspaul

JimLL

Safe travels, guys. If Sooze and I hadn't just gotten home from our 3-week epic ride to the left coast, I'd strongly consider joining ya!

Paul,That's great that you and Jim can come riding. I will email you the gpx file from my home computer tonight if you PM me your email addy. I can provide a turn sheet as well if Jim wants one....but I need an affirmative on that before I print that out...as my FJR will be loaded up to the gills with this camping trip.

Joe, I have a turn sheet for you as well.

Anybody else coming need a turn sheet?...last call.

Edit: List of riders

wheatonFJR

WheatonJR (XJ600)

El Toro Joe

Bryguy

pmspaul

JimLL
Jim's got a gps too, so I'll just give him a copy of the gpx file.

PM on its way.

Thanks!

Safe travels, guys. If Sooze and I hadn't just gotten home from our 3-week epic ride to the left coast, I'd strongly consider joining ya!
Thanks BG...your ride is one I'm envious of.

We'll do this another time...btw, pay no attention to bunghead, he's whining that just because he went to CFR, NS, and did an SS1600km that he can't make it this time. :D

Should be a good rollercoaster riding day on Wednesday! :yahoo:

btw, pay no attention to bunghead, he's whining that just because he went to CFR, NS, and did an SS1600km that he can't make it this time. :D
True. Lets not forget NC!

But it got worse. I tried ordering a set of PR2's from Petes and the only have the rear in stock so I called them about the front. Apparently, big shortage and Michelin is saying the end of August at the earliest. It's a long weekend up here and everything is closed today. Gonna burn up the phone lines hunting for a front. Still won't be able to make your ride, but I'm gonna need tires on before the Green & White ride!

BTW - the Dublin Irish Festival is this weekend. You coming down for it this year?
Maybe I can talk the wife into a ride down this weekend..
Sooze and I are going Friday for sure. We just park at work and walk there. Got friends coming to town for the weekend so I don't know if we'll go Saturday or Sunday or not. Saturday the place gets PACKED, and by Sunday they're outta good beer. Lemme know if you come down and I'll try to work something out.

BTW - the Dublin Irish Festival is this weekend. You coming down for it this year?
If I want to get drunk 'n fight I can do that here. :D
You? Fight?? Puh-leez... Who're you kidding, old man? Yeah, you're pretty tough with your girlfriend there to protect you...

You? Fight?? Puh-leez... Who're you kidding, old man? Yeah, you're pretty tough with your girlfriend there to protect you...
Hey, when you look like she does a guys gotta stay sober enough to fight. You know the rules!

I rode many of those roads in June..... that area is a hoot. Watch for stone in the inside corners where cages cut corners, and the occasional bit of mud/sand from the rains.... all you have to do is keep your eyes open. Wish I was there!!

Bungie, if ya get stuck put a Z6 Interac on the front. Works good with the PR2 rear.