SE Ohio ride August 4th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bungie, if ya get stuck put a Z6 Interac on the front. Works good with the PR2 rear.
Thanks for the tip. I might just have to. I've put 21Km (13K miles) since May on these PR2's. Theirs some left in'em, but not a trip to SE OH... then again, a really sizable portion of it will be on the sides...

How'd your ride go on the Island? Oh ya, found the pics in the assistance list email account. Now I know what ppl on the ST forum were talking about when they said Dean looked right shit faced!

btw, pay no attention to bunghead, he's whining that just because he went to CFR, NS, and did an SS1600km that he can't make it this time. :D
True. Lets not forget NC!

But it got worse. I tried ordering a set of PR2's from Petes and the only have the rear in stock so I called them about the front. Apparently, big shortage and Michelin is saying the end of August at the earliest. It's a long weekend up here and everything is closed today. Gonna burn up the phone lines hunting for a front. Still won't be able to make your ride, but I'm gonna need tires on before the Green & White ride!
Do you use the same size front as the Concours? 120/70ZR17.

Check out Murphs's Kits - https://www.murphskits.com/catalog/product_...products_id=365

Website says they're in stock $147

I'll see everyone Wednesday. 95 degrees :p

-Bryan

Leaving tomorrow for Ohio...getting up 5:45am local time...should be out the door by 6:15am so junior and I can battle the Chicago commuters.

Mark, Joe & Bryan,

Did you guys all make it through that storm and get home safe & sound? Jim & I split off from Mark & David near Powhatan and by the sounds of it narrowly missed the part of the storm left a lot of damage along I-70. By the time we finished dinner at Outback in St. Clairsville, it was smooth sailing and sunny skies back to Newark.

Bryan & Mark, thanks for leading us around SE Ohio. I had a blast.

It is sad that I had to have a guy from IL come give me a tour of my own backyard.

It was good to meet all of you. I hope to do it again sometime.

-Paul

I hope to do it again sometime.
-Paul
Bryan and I got to watch the storm from some old guy's front porch in Antioch...it was crazy. I got back to the campground by 6:00, had everything packed up by 6:30 and made it home by 8:30. Somebody needs to post up some pics.

Hey Paul...this weekends weather is lookin really good.

Oh...bye the way my new favorite road is 260 south from 537 all the way down to the river

Last edited by a moderator:
Home. Safe. Weather sucked. Blew off WV...sorry Jim.

David and I got back home today after 540 miles, cutting short our trip to WV. Indianapolis sucks...and all who drive through there. You all suck. I am swearing off moto-camping in August. Done.

Pictures, story and drama later. Hopefully tomorrow this weekend.

4AugSEOhio.jpg

4AugSEOhioRide.jpg

Dito what Paul said. I had a thrill. My new grip puppies look like they were custom made...still has the imprint of my hands. I hope to hear from Mark and David that all is well. UPDATE...Cool. I see now they made it OK...Paul and I were concerned...trees down...blocked roads...

Home. Safe. Weather sucked. Blew off WV...sorry Jim.
Mark,

Glad to hear you and David made it home safe. When Jim and I saw the high winds a debris all over the roads we were worried about you and David running up to Woodsfield through it.

Thanks for letting us tag along with you. It was good to meet you and David. Sorry you had to cut your trip short.

-Paul

DSCN0169.jpg

Pictured: David, Mark(wheatonFJR), Jim(JimLL), Bryan(Bryguy), reflection of me(mirror adds 50lbs) & Joe(El Toro Joe)

DSCN0168.jpg

Although David and I had to cut our trip short due to poor weather, we both really had fun on Wednesday running the roads that we did ride.

David said he had a lot of fun...so that is good. As a dad with a kid riding his XJ in southeast Ohio first time through, you kind of wonder in the back of your mind whether he will blow a turn and have something happen. He did his own pace and did not try to keep up with anyone, so I'm proud of him for that. He did noticeable better at picking up the curves towards the end of the day.

Thanks everybody for riding along with us.

Hope you enjoyed the roads.

Later, I will add a trip report to this section with a few of our photos. Nice to meet everybody...thanks also for meeting us at the campsite Joe.

I just want to add THANKS to Bryguy for leading the group, after asking him at the last minute, so I could ride tail end charlie next to my son David. :clapping:

Mark, glad you guys weathered the storm ok, and Indy traffic always sucks.

David's got that XJ looking pretty sweet.

DSCN0168.jpg

I just want to add THANKS to Bryguy for leading the group, after asking him at the last minute, so I could ride tail end charlie next to my son David. :clapping:
My pleasure. Mark, very nice road selection.

I'm glad everyone survived the storms.

I'll see you guys another time - Bryan

I just caught this post after doing a search on Google as so many show examples of. I was doing a search for Cincinnati to find some local riders.

When another ride comes along, I'd like to know so I can plan.

Riding 25+ years, Owned the FJR for about a month. Love it. Riding every dry day.

Thanks!

I just caught this post after doing a search on Google as so many show examples of. I was doing a search for Cincinnati to find some local riders.
When another ride comes along, I'd like to know so I can plan.

Riding 25+ years, Owned the FJR for about a month. Love it. Riding every dry day.

Thanks!

Yeah...just keep your eye on this section of the board...people will usually post up rides.

wheaton and el toro,

Thanks for the quick reply. Do you try to plan for a one day ride with it being long (or short for that matter)? Or do you plan multiple day trips? Who plans? What are the criteria for planning? How many members participate usually? What mileage do you shoot for? Breaks (that is, rests or eating)? BTW, I'm in the Brown County area - ~30 miles East of Cincinnati.

Thanks!

noland,

Feel free to post a ride if you'd like. I would be interested. In the past the SE Ohio rides have been in the 300 to 350 mile range for the day. Rides have started in Athens as well as Caldwell. Usually get between 6-16 riders...but it depends. I would think someone will be getting a SE Ohio ride together here shortly...unless you'd like to start planning one now.

Joe

Thanks for the heads up. I had not thought of planning a ride, but now I know the basics, I'll keep that in mind. I see you mentioned Athens and Caldwell as starting points. I'll break out the atlas and check the online maps. If I come up with something, I'll post.