Seat Covers for Gen II ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wicked Webby

Right is Harder than Wrong.
Reaction score
Hey all,

I have been thinking about putting some type of seat cover (skin) over my stock seat.

I know the Gen II and Gen I seats are different. But how different are they?

I was able to find some Black/Silver seat covers for the Gen I's.

Does anyone know if these would fit or work on the Gen II seats?

I thought I remember seeing some pics (here) of a Gen II with a Black/Silver seat cover...

BTW: Not interested in the overly priced ($202 shipped) french top saddlery covers off of Ebay.

Anyone?

WW

Hey all,
I have been thinking about putting some type of seat cover (skin) over my stock seat.

I know the Gen II and Gen I seats are different. But how different are they?

I was able to find some Black/Silver seat covers for the Gen I's.

Does anyone know if these would fit or work on the Gen II seats?

I thought I remember seeing some pics (here) of a Gen II with a Black/Silver seat cover...

BTW: Not interested in the overly priced ($202 shipped) french top saddlery covers off of Ebay.

Anyone?

WW
I doubt the 1st gen covers would fit. The seats are shaped completely differently.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to have to agree with Fred, but I suppose it's possible if there's enough material to work with.

I'd let you take a look at mine, but I've converted it to a Russell. Sorry.

I'm going to have to agree with Fred, but I suppose it's possible if there's enough material to work with.I'd let you take a look at mine, but I've converted it to a Russell. Sorry.
Fred and Gramps,

Thanks for the input.

WW