Second Bike, need advice, farkles, etc...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To date here is what is purchased or on order for the bike:

Sato rear sets, black

Sato racing hooks

front axle sliders

frame sliders

higher smoke windscreen

fender eliminator

heli bars

Taylor Custom exhaust with carbon fiber insert, 15 lbs lighter than stock, and increase in mid-range torque/hp

Full Ohlins front/rear shocks

Custom Paint: tank, black

Custom Powder Coat: swing arm, black, wheels: black with hub/spokes: red to match BMW insignia on fairing

May have other custom paint on tank as the bike comes together.

This is a one of a kind, and probably the one and only time in my entire life where I will bet able

to get such a sweet ride with it set up exactly as I wish. Probably will get everything together

in the next three to four weeks.

I will post pictures, right after the 600 mile/first service mark and the full engine horsepower has

been unleashed. Looking forward to attending an advanced riding school, and a few track days with it,

culminating in an Isle of Mann visit next year. I plan to ship the bike there and have a nice leisurely

stroll around the famous course.

Rhody...

What? No turbo kit?
I sure hope rhody is OK! I was following his new BMW S1000RR hop up performance thread with great interest and we haven't heard from rhody for 2 months now!
Guys,

I am fine and have taken delivery the day before New Years, see this link I posted on my Physics Forums, the bike is sick... as in awesome...

Here is a little pic I had taken with a model who posed with my bike, click on the thumbnail. It is at the end of the thread I posted as well.

There are some awesome riding/drifting/crashing links in this thread as well, enjoy.

Don't even have a plate on it yet, plus even if I did, I am not taking those shiny new Ohlin's binders out in the salt.

Rhody...

P.S. I have a ton of stock parts to sell as well. Will post them here as well as in the BMW 1000RR Forum. Stay tuned for ride report. BTW, the manual says

to keep the revs below 7K for the first 200 miles or so, then under 9K for the remainder up to 600 miles. The Taylor exhaust is rather loud as well.

I had to reactivate my account to post, that is an FJR Forum first. I plan to keep my other bike too, it is too good, comfortable and reliable to part with.

Latest posts