Shoei Neotech

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got the Neotec but haven't had much of an opportunity to use it, but what I have I like it much more then the MultiTec. I just seems to fit better and tighter in the cheeks and the ventilation is noticeably better. The Neotec is a a bit quieter then the Multitec and I love the flip down visor. How did I go so long without one. I bought mine at Revzilla in Silver.

Had anyone mounted a headset in it? The Neotec has the dished out ear pocket for speakers (I presume) but the speakers with a J&M Elite headset are too big in circumference to fit into that recess. The speakers want to stay just on the outer rim but not enough to really stick them down. This sucks. I thought this helmet would resolve me Shoei/J&M Headset incompatibilities. Any help/thoughts appreciated.

Did it, phoned in the order this afternoon, $584 but no shipping or sales tx. so saved a bit. Support my local dealer in most endeavors but $100 buys a lot of gas.

The Neotech is another item on my shortlist. I got to try one on during bike week at Daytona and really liked the fit. Shoei always seems to put cheek pads in that are a little too thick for the size of helmet they are in. They do compress over time though and there's always the option to purchase thinner ones. I thought the internal visor was the best I have seen. I currently have a Nolan N90 and love the sun visor in that. My eyes are sensitive to light and now I can ride without the hassle of sunglasses. The Neotech also has huge ear pockets, so no pressure on your ears at all. I would expect some better audio sound, if the speakers fit ok. Would like to hear from someone with audio installed.

I do agree that the price is awful steep.

I love my Multitech, and as it is near the end of it's life I will be moving to this model for the ease of the inner shield. I too would like to hear about anyone using th speaker pockets, as my ear canals are too small for ear buds.

Price for a brain bucket doesn't upset me much. I love my head/face just as it is right now.

Plus, I got my multitech @ dealer cost, so............meh

Note to Gregg with the oversize speakers: You could buy Autocom Speakers and splice into your headset loom since connectors are probably different. I know these fit a Shoei RF1100, and are about the largest speaker that will fully fit into the Shoei recess.

All I can say is, the more I wear the Multitec the more I like it.

The fit is perfect for me, the ear pockets are just right, the flip down visor gives great coverage with ease of operation.

The Multitec is quiet and offers plenty of ventilation.

For me it's all about fit and comfort.

I do not regret this purchase.

The fit is perfect for me, the ear pockets are just right, the flip down visor gives great coverage with ease of operation.

The Multitec does not have a flip down visor...........

I think he's talking about the "modular" part of the helmet. You know...How the entire front visor flips down. Not the little shaded visor.

Still gotta say, I can't believe so many people are so enamored with those things. They're not very dark, the coverage isn't that great, and I still wear my Oakleys underneath. Maybe I'm just hardheaded, or don't accept change well, but every visor I have experienced needs to be bette engineered before I'd base a helmet buying decison on the presence of a visor. I haven't seen the Neotech visor, so maybe that's the one I'm missing.

Thanks for the correction.

I meant to say Neotec.

The first cup of coffee hadn't kicked in yet. :eek:

I meant to say Neotec.

I knew what you meant, but also knew you would get much more satisfaction out of correcting yourself than having me correct you. :lol:

I still think y'all are nuts for spending that kind of $$$$ on a helmet when I bet a $165 HJC will give you 90% of what the Neotec gives you. I may have to start calling the Neotec the Harley-Davidson of helmets!

Last edited by a moderator:
HJC doesn't fit me. Neither did Nolan, Shuebreth, or any of the other modular helmets I tried before finding the Multitec that fit me like a fine glove. Then there is discounting all modulars without metal-on-metal latching hardware. That left, for me, one choice- the Shoei. 5 years and who knows how many hours and miles with that helmet. My only issue in that time, which I expressed to Shoei directly twice, was the liner that could not be removed for cleaning. Now it's time for an updated helmet and along comes the Neotec. With a thinner set of cheek pads, like I needed for the Multitec, this Neotec will be perfect. With a removeable liner, sun visor, better air flow, even better chin bar latch, etc, and this helmet is perfect for me. The price tag is just the cost of admission. About a hundred bucks a year for the next 5-6 years... easy. Heck, some if us pay more than that each month for a cell phone bill. I only have one brain and I'm taking care of it, no second-best helmet for me. I ordered a Neotec earlier tonight.

HJC doesn't fit me.
That I find interesting. Both HJC and Shoei fit me well, or IOW, very similar. I've not been able to find any other brand of helmet that does.

I only have one brain and I'm taking care of it, no second-best helmet for me.
I get a kick out of the I don't have a cheap head so I don't buy a cheap helmet bullshit reasoning many use to justify paying outrageous prices for a helmet.

I don't think HJC or other economical helmets are second-best when it comes to safety. They are NOT on par to the Shoei/Arai top tier helmets when it comes to paint, lining materials, visor quality, and overall fit and finish and ancillary functions. You get what you pay for there.

But I can buy more than THREE HJC IS-Max helmets for the price of a Neotec! So I can replace my helmet every two-three years and still be ahead and get all these new helmets. And don't get me wrong - I also have Shoei Multitec and X-11 helmets in my current stable. My first ever helmet was a Shoei, and I have had an 'active' Shoei helmet in the stable for 20 years. I really WANT a Neotec, but I just can't justify that price.

Guess I am just jealous of all you bastards who are dumb enough to pay for this helmet. Sometimes it's hard being the *smart* one. *sigh*

:lol:

.... when it comes to paint, lining materials, visor quality, and overall fit and finish and ancillary functions. You get what you pay for ...

... I really WANT a Neotec...

Okay.

I'm sold.

NeotecYellow.jpg

I meant to say Neotec.

I knew what you meant, but also knew you would get much more satisfaction out of correcting yourself than having me correct you. :lol:

I still think y'all are nuts for spending that kind of $$$$ on a helmet when I bet a $165 HJC will give you 90% of what the Neotec gives you. I may have to start calling the Neotec the Harley-Davidson of helmets!

As far as correcting myself, I find it amazing that I made such an error.

Does this mean I can only wear my HJC when I ride my Harley Davidson?

Hey Skooter...HJC helmets don't fit my wife either, but Shoei helmets do. That's why I've had two KBCs and a Scorpion while she gets Shoei lids. Damn woman makes me crazy.

HJC doesn't fit me.
That I find interesting. Both HJC and Shoei fit me well, or IOW, very similar. I've not been able to find any other brand of helmet that does.

I only have one brain and I'm taking care of it, no second-best helmet for me.
I get a kick out of the I don't have a cheap head so I don't buy a cheap helmet bullshit reasoning many use to justify paying outrageous prices for a helmet.

I don't think HJC or other economical helmets are second-best when it comes to safety. They are NOT on par to the Shoei/Arai top tier helmets when it comes to paint, lining materials, visor quality, and overall fit and finish and ancillary functions. You get what you pay for there.

But I can buy more than THREE HJC IS-Max helmets for the price of a Neotec! So I can replace my helmet every two-three years and still be ahead and get all these new helmets. And don't get me wrong - I also have Shoei Multitec and X-11 helmets in my current stable. My first ever helmet was a Shoei, and I have had an 'active' Shoei helmet in the stable for 20 years. I really WANT a Neotec, but I just can't justify that price.

Guess I am just jealous of all you bastards who are dumb enough to pay for this helmet. Sometimes it's hard being the *smart* one. *sigh*

:lol:
Skooter, you did catch that I said no second-best helmet for me, right? And by that I meant that regardless of price, I'm going to buy the right gear that meets my needs and performs the way I want it to, no compromises. I do own an HJC, it was my first helmet, and when wearing it it causes a big hot spot on my upper forehead. Lesson learned- buy a helmet that fits. Nolan and Schubreth (sp?) are way too tight around my neck, I can't have them on for even a minute. And I'd never buy a modular with a chin bar secured by plastic latches (many of the low-cost helmet use plastic latches)- a modular helmet needs all the security of keeping that chin bar closed in an accident, and metal latches are going to hold better than plastic. So yes, there are some economical helmets, in particular modulars, that are second best when it comes to safety. But that wasn't a point I tried to make originally.

So, I'm glad to hear that other helmets work for you, but one of your choices of helmet won't work for me. So before you go tossing around crap as you've done, maybe take a minute and consider the rationale the other person used. (Nobody here ridicules you for spending a ton of money on an FJR rather than a small amount of money on a used Kymco scooter to drag your butt arond town.) I related what worked for me and why. You have your reasons for what works for you and why. You could have shown restraint and respect and stopped there. So, take what you perceive as bullshit and jam it.