Shoei Neotech

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Skooter, you did catch that I said no second-best helmet for me, right? And by that I meant that regardless of price, I'm going to buy the right gear that meets my needs and performs the way I want it to, no compromises. I do own an HJC, it was my first helmet, and when wearing it it causes a big hot spot on my upper forehead. Lesson learned- buy a helmet that fits. Nolan and Schubreth (sp?) are way too tight around my neck, I can't have them on for even a minute. And I'd never buy a modular with a chin bar secured by plastic latches (many of the low-cost helmet use plastic latches)- a modular helmet needs all the security of keeping that chin bar closed in an accident, and metal latches are going to hold better than plastic. So yes, there are some economical helmets, in particular modulars, that are second best when it comes to safety. But that wasn't a point I tried to make originally.

So, I'm glad to hear that other helmets work for you, but one of your choices of helmet won't work for me. So before you go tossing around crap as you've done, maybe take a minute and consider the rationale the other person used. (Nobody here ridicules you for spending a ton of money on an FJR rather than a small amount of money on a used Kymco scooter to drag your butt arond town.) I related what worked for me and why. You have your reasons for what works for you and why. You could have shown restraint and respect and stopped there. So, take what you perceive as bullshit and jam it.

Hey, tossing crap is what I am good at! Don't take that away from me. :)

Dude, don't take me too seriously. Or yourself! This is a forum and is meant to provide dissenting viewpioints.

So go take that $$$$ piece of marketing and stick it!!!! Just don't drop it! :p

Stevet...The way I see it, it's your head and your money; do whatever the Hell you want with it. Just remember: If your head was as ugly as Skooter's, you wouldn't be that worried about protecting it either. :p

Well, I've never seen Skooter, but I'm going out on a limb to say that I have one handsome mug in comparison!

Damn, Barb thinks I'm dumb and rich but she didn't say anything about handsome ... oh well. :p
ACTUALLY, the dumb bastard comment was about Old Michael

You, toots, are handsome, and sexy as hell...........

hubba hubba

:dribble:

There's a Neotec group buy going on over at St-owners.com right now. I'm on the list. $508 delivered.

My link

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a Neotec review on webBikeWorld. There is also a

on Youtube. The video shows specific design features - nice.
So I pull the trigger and bought a yellow for visibility - ugly but I will be noticed. It arrives this week. This will be my first modular helmet. I want a modular bucket so I can eat a bit at gas stops and the ability to take photos with my 35mm DSLR camera without having to remove the helmet.

I tried on a few modular helmets including the Schuberth C3. I liked the fit, features and interior padding of the Neotec. All the "controls" are intuitive and easy to use. One feature I will use a lot is the ability to just barely open the face shield just in case the pin lock anti-fog feature does not anti fog. I appreciate high end helmets. My current bucket is an Aria Quantum II, had a Shoei RF900 and Shoei RF700, the last one saved my life during a high side.

After using the bucket I will write more about my experience.

Please don't rip on me for my choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a LOT of money for ANY helmet. Especially when I can get an HJC modular for $165. I love the Shoei X-11 and Multitec helmets I have, but won't be buying any more their product at the prices they are going for. Yikes!

That's funny right there.

Said the same thing in 1972 when my new Shoei set me back $39.95!

I have a Scorpion EXO 1000 with the visor and I think its mostly a gimmick. It would be good if I forgot my glasses or couldn't wear them, but there's not enough coverage, and the tint isn't dark enough.

My brother has a the Shoei RF1100 with a shield and he likes it as far as I know. I guess I'm saying I wouldn't buy or not buy a helmet based on the presence or absence of one of those shields.
The visor that comes with the EXO 1000 is too light. You have to trade it out with a dark one the it works great. After I did that it was fine. We have two HJC IS-16 with the sunvisors also. After riding with one for 3 years I won't buy another helmet without it. No more having to bring sunglasses with me or trying to fit them under the helmet. No more stopping to take them off when the sun starts going down. No more carrying a clear visor with me so I can switch it out to ride at night.

Love them!

I've had mine for a couple of months now and really like it.

Just have not rode in hot weather yet, just hope it vents as well as it does ever thing else.
I like to run with the fog breather on the helmet, even in the summer. With my new Neotec I had to take the chin guard off as it has warmed up or it gets stuff FAST in the helmet when not moving/low speeds.

I received a Medium Neotec. I tried it on in the house, wore it for one hour only to find my face was smashed and my jaw was sore. The crown of the helmet fit fine. For my head it is too narrow.

The helmet comes stock with 35 mm pad and 31 mm pad are available for $40. Unfortunately they are not available until mid May and 8mm will not provide enough relief for my head.

Back it goes.

just got my new one last week. It is quieter than the old Multi-tec that I just retired. I do like the drop down visor, seems optically clear for the moment as good as a tinted shield. It seems to flow more cooling air but difficult to tell as we are in cold spell here in Tennessee this past week. The cheek pads are a little tight, hope they break in. My wife says it looks like a fish mouth where is presses on my cheeks :rolleyes: The one disadvantage for now is the pinlock buttons are spaced wider apart. I ordered an accessory fog city hyper optiks fog and light reactive insert but it at least an inch shorter. Not sure if the Shoei is making ther own yet of if the accessory market just hasn't caught up yet for the type if shield it has. Hadn't found any tinted shields for it yet also. One last thing seems to fog up more than the old one not much just a small area about one inch in lower right just below usual eye vision but can see it if you look down occasionally. I do give it a thumbs up over the old style but still was pricey.

Looking through three lenses. Any distortion on Neotec? I always wear Gargoyles with my RF1100. Considering Neotec, not sure if flip down internal visor worth it.

I would be looking through Gargoyles, internal visor and faceshield. Someone have experience with this?