Sick 2006A

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF has happened to this thread? Has it been time-warped, edited, or am I losing too many brain cells?

1. It appears that RAD's original response, post 87, the one he edited to remove original comments, is back, complete with original time stamp, and not a re-edit of the previous edit which presumably would show an updated date/time stamp of today, 4/5/07 and not the original post of 4/3/07?

2. Jestal? Political content? in your responses in this thread? I didn't see any board defying, admin pissing off, Politically Incorrect statements. Where is Lawinter when you need him? :rolleyes:

SIGH.

I must remember that this board is nothing more than a symptomatic child of human behavior and the Internet. Any post of value needs be immediately copied to the hard drive. Do not rely on the fjrforum to be around, to be a permanent repository of valuable information. Some day the admins will pull the plug and it will be done, over. Years of really cool history, personalities, technical tips and portions of folks lives will simply disappear into the ether world. I wish I had copied Jestal's response regarding valve seat loads, the chance of crap flying into and out of the intake tract, etc.

OK, I'm done. Think I need to take a hiatus.

or get my fucking fjr back. :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: the withdrawl symptoms are starting to affect my good natured attitude.

On reflection, something else must have happened elsewhere on the board to cause this mess. SIGH.

WTF has happened to this thread? Has it been time-warped, edited, or am I losing too many brain cells?
1. It appears that RAD's original response, post 87, the one he edited to remove original comments, is back, complete with original time stamp, and not a re-edit of the previous edit which presumably would show an updated date/time stamp of today, 4/5/07 and not the original post of 4/3/07?

2. Jestal? Political content? in your responses in this thread? I didn't see any board defying, admin pissing off, Politically Incorrect statements. Where is Lawinter when you need him? :rolleyes:

SIGH.

I must remember that this board is nothing more than a symptomatic child of human behavior and the Internet. Any post of value needs be immediately copied to the hard drive. Do not rely on the fjrforum to be around, to be a permanent repository of valuable information. Some day the admins will pull the plug and it will be done, over. Years of really cool history, personalities, technical tips and portions of folks lives will simply disappear into the ether world. I wish I had copied Jestal's response regarding valve seat loads, the chance of crap flying into and out of the intake tract, etc.

OK, I'm done. Think I need to take a hiatus.

or get my fucking fjr back. :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: the withdrawl symptoms are starting to affect my good natured attitude.

On reflection, something else must have happened elsewhere on the board to cause this mess. SIGH.
WTF?????? I guess I'm just glad I got a chance to read jestal's thread that you mention. I would've been wrong in my assumptions about what is and is not probable in intake tracts, among other things. IMO, one of the most informative posts I've read in a while, and now that's gone??

I don't pretend to know why or who edited it, but . . . I'd better shut up.

Last edited by a moderator:
WTF?????? I guess I'm just glad I got a chance to read jestal's thread that you mention. I would've been wrong in my assumptions about what is and is not probable in intake tracts, among other things. IMO, one of the most informative posts I've read in a while, and now that's gone??
I don't pretend to know why or who edited it, but . . . I'd better shut up before something I say might be considered potentially political. Oh crap -- I see I already did when I used the word "is". It probably depends on what the meaning of "is" is today.
Did some looney with editing rights have another little "episode"?

I replaced my smart ass edit with the original, which I had saved, at DCarvers request. Jestal, on the other hand, deleted a whole slew of posts, here and elsewhere. While admins will delete posts of questionable taste, relevance, or illegal content, they will not range throughout a members posts deleting all they find, as has happened today. Only the author does that. Something set J off, what I don't know, but I do understand the reasoning behind it, as I am guilty of similar behaviour. I sent J a PM, no answer as of yet, related to this. We'll see what we shall see. :unsure:

I replaced my smart as edit with the original, which I had saved, as DCarvers request. Jestal, on the other hand, deleted a whole slew of posts, here and elsewhere. While admins will delete posts of questionable taste, relevance, or illegal content, they will not range throughout a members posts deleting all they find, as has happened today. Only the author does that. Something set J off, what I don't know, but I do understand the reasoning behind it, as I am guilty of similar behaviour. I sent J a PM, no answer as of yet, related to this. We'll see what we shall see. :unsure:
This place can be a gold mine of interesting reading. I enjoy getting your mechanic's practical take and jestal's automotive engineer's take on stuff. I know -- I'm weird in being able to enjoy hours of mechanical/technical reading, but I don't watch TV, so this has to entertain me in the evenings when I'm done reading motorcycle magazines or not into a particularly interesting book.

I hope jestal sticks around and resumes posting.

I enjoy getting your mechanic's practical take and jestal's automotive engineer's take on stuff.
+1000
Rad - Thanks for re-posting the original content and for the explanation. But how did you get the post to revert back to the original time? Oh, now I get it, the time never changed.. not updated with an edit. ahh.. the light goes on.

+10^1000

I was just thinking the other day how much a strong forum adds to the motorcycle ownership experience. Certainly the forum is more than one person, but losing Jestal would be a big loss.

Apparently one of the admins does not agree with the content of some of my posts and removes them. Since I can never be sure of what might or might not be removed I'm going to take a sabbatical from posting on this forum.

While I can understand the policy of no political stuff here, the line does appear to be drawn pretty damn tight. I am not alone in wishing a political posting area like STN's "Politics Only" could be set up here. Many no doubt visit this place as their primary source of amusement, this would expand the choices of members here as pertains to voicing opinion, and give admins a place to move posts/threads they deemed outside the norm, rather than deleting them altogether. It would not only avoid a lot of hard feelings, but add to the diversity (can't believe I had to use that word, see what you've gone and made me do?) of a good place to dwell.

Aw, geez. Now Rad's making sense and shit. What's next?

While I can understand the policy of no political stuff here, the line does appear to be drawn pretty damn tight. I am not alone in wishing a political posting area like STN's "Politics Only" could be set up here. Many no doubt visit this place as their primary source of amusement, this would expand the choices of members here as pertains to voicing opinion, and give admins a place to move posts/threads they deemed outside the norm, rather than deleting them altogether. It would not only avoid a lot of hard feelings, but add to the diversity (can't believe I had to use that word, see what you've gone and made me do?) of a good place to dwell.
+1....it is something to think about..... :good: .....should a pole maybe be in order?....

I'm with you, Rad

And Jestal, don't leave town OK? ;)

Stef

Hate to see Jestal go since, when he's on tech, he's REALLY on tech. Good stuff.

I wasn't eagle-eyeing all the different threads that spawned off this one, but do remember that the "tone" of some of the base fuel source messages appeared to be getting a little heated and perhaps a little personal. If those were the ones that got edited, then it wouldn't be a surprise to me.

IIRC This isn't the first time Jestal's gotten pissed, rubbed out all trace of his passage, and left for a while. Shame, but people react in odd ways to things. I suspect if he stepped back, evaluated the specific posts that are in question, and dispasionately considered the context (along with the messages being quoted, responded to, etc.) it would probably be clear what was what.

Getting goaded into something and having your replies snipped along with those of the fisherman isn't uncommon in all sorts of moderated groups and forums. The trick is to resolve not to bite on the bait next time instead of dropping a tactical nuke on all the things contributed to everywhere. Taking your ball and going home serves no one in cases like that.

Awwww, you hurt my feelwings...

:fuck:

Edit (Really!): To add, my most humble (snerk) apologies to Carver for completing fucking up his thread. That is all. I shall stop now.
No problems TWN, I still don't have my fjr and I'm about to post 10 reasons why a Harley is better than an FJR :wacko: :mda: :rap:

Status
Not open for further replies.