So pissed off, I may never purchase a Yamaha product ever again

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He was crying about this over on the FZ1 forum too. Bragged about what a steal this bike was and then bitched about Yamaha.

Someone please call this guy a whambulance.

That he was.. Personally I think the douche should STFU. Simple issues that have been addressed to death here Bore the fuk outa me.

But that's just me..

Hey - Met the OP today yesterday, a very nice guy, and asked us a bunch of questions, etc. Not sure the TPS is an issue at all here, maybe gummed up injectors (it's going around like the flu) or something. He's going to run more Sea Foam thru it and we'll see how it goes. We rode it around and it does occasionally have a slight hesitation from a stop, otherwise it seems fine. We forgot to run the diag for the TPS, ooops sorry, that's real easy too.

OP is not familiar with shaft driven bikes, I could feel some backlash a bit more on his. Also the Feej isn't a super hotrod like some of his other Yammers, but it is no slouch in the ST market.

Good luck keep us posted. ;)
+1, Gunny; SSLT1KID is a really great guy and he will be a good asset here on our FJR Forum, even Fairlaner liked him and Richard can piss off the Pope!

Richard musta been drunk then because this guys first impression was pretty well fucked,.and, I for one, :glare: ain't rolling over.

There is a system in place.
Maybe you should get your time machine out and go back and unbuy the bike or get a letter from Yamaha to cover it. OR chalk it up to a an experience that the whole world doesn't quite revolve around how you think salvage bikes should work.....and suck up the $125 for a replacement part if you think that will fix things. ;)
Pay the $125 and enjoy your ride. Less heartache more fun.

Best regards

Surly

:ph34r:

FUZZY TESTICLES Surley!!! To many years here have made a cynic of me certainly.. But bullshit still stinks regardless and I can smell it a Continent away..... ;)

Richard musta been drunk then because this guys first impression was pretty well fucked,.and, I for one, :glare: ain't rolling over.
Lighten up you Jackass, he is fresh out of the Marine Corps and is broke, the FJR is his only wheels and he doesn't have much $$$!

When I returned from overseas in WWI, I didn't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of. You rolled over for yamafitter-Bill!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bill didn't illegitimately desecrate a bike featured on this forum like ass klown did. Nope! He has to earn his stripes with me...... and hopefully the rest here.

No way after his intro I'm backing down Marine or not.. Don't walk into this place dissing the platform

Joker, im sorry to hear I have offended you. Maybe I came across wrong. Its not the FJR I ever had a problem with. I own several Yamaha products and am happy with the product. It is Yamaha corporate that I have a problem with. It was not my intention to desecrate you or your motorcycle. But if we can't be friends and you are going to keep calling me names... such is life on the internet.

Don't stress Bust...If he doesn't call you gonna names he doesn't like you. He's really a nice guy..............When he's asleep!!

BUT...Even I avoided this thread a couple times cuz you came off a little whacked...No biggie. We'll all live.

I'm so gonna fuck zilla in the ass for being a pussy...And kid if yer a Marine? You are so fucked.. yer DI in boot wanted to be me.............

I think Barry needs a forum group hug!

SSLT1KID - Don't fret, B has lost his odot... not to another sheep, but to a WOMAN! So sometimes he cries and vents on noobs and other established forum members. He really just wants a hug and a good shave. ;)

I sense the OP's frustration and the tone could be interprited as such by what he wrote. That being said, after meeting him and spending the afternoon with him, he's a great guy and we want folks to feel welcome, even if they maybe started off on a tilt. We welcome all.... almost all, pgrhodes1 is still an icon, ask beemerdons.

So lets all just get along and give Barry a great big HUG!

:wub: :dance: :bye2: :blushsmiley: :blush2: :blushing: :air_kiss: :love: :wubsmiley: :banghead: :scooter:

Uh, one of my employees makes a living on the side buying salvaged HD's (and a few BMW's although they are no where near as profitable so his ratio is 15-1 HD to BMW) and reselling them after fixing what was needed and adding custom paint, blah, blah, blah. He actually makes some decent money doing it having sold quite a few to ex-pats in HK and Australia who he ships to on a regular basis.

I can tell you that about a year ago he did bring in one of his HD's ('08 Bomber IIRC but not sure) that had a recall and got the same answer as you. HD would not touch it whatsoever. First time he had run into an issue like that but it was a relatively easy fix. He now checks for recalls beforehand so he knows what he is getting into.

It is {the law protecting} Yamaha corporate {from having to deal with bikes that have been repaired by people they don't know from Adam} that I have a problem with.
Beating a dead horse, I know, but let's keep the source of the problem correctly outlined. This is not a Yamaha issue, but an industry-standard situation.

I saw FJRBluesman's post. Having met some folks and compared bikes I guess you're feeling a little better about it?

I suppose I need to quit drinking to excess.. I've no clue where the fuck this thread is going.. But for some reason my l initially "implied" logic has gone off to fuk in space....

Don't feel sorry for me nor apologize.. Fuk if I jerked chains when I walked in..........

granted I was somewhat naive. I wasn't on the attack like the op an I'll be damned if I'm going to allow an attack on my watch... Too much bullshit over the years has me dander up regarding this platform.

I'm so gonna fuck zilla in the ass for being a pussy...And kid if yer a Marine? You are so fucked.. yer DI in boot wanted to be me.............
LOL My Kill Hat was right in the middle of a nasty divorce when I cycled through MCRD.

And I quote, "Guess what, bí¢hes,Im fü¢kin pissed.... and Im taking it out on you. Its gonna be a long night."-- Drill Instructor SSGT Ordorf

Im pretty sure I hang.

It is {the law protecting} Yamaha corporate {from having to deal with bikes that have been repaired by people they don't know from Adam} that I have a problem with.
Beating a dead horse, I know, but let's keep the source of the problem correctly outlined. This is not a Yamaha issue, but an industry-standard situation.

I saw FJRBluesman's post. Having met some folks and compared bikes I guess you're feeling a little better about it?
Walt, Neil had SSLT1KID double dose it with Sea Foam and then Fairlaner took it out and rode the piss out of it; as only Richard can ride the piss out of a bike!

I'm fully with FJRBluesman, I believe the slight stumble is due to still clogged injectors, but that on his ride back to Antelope Valley I would bet they'll free up.

Shared our thoughts with SSLT1KID on standard FJR maintenance and he's good to go. Fairlaner was able to wheelie it, but then again Richard can wheelie a Vespa!

I think Barry needs a forum group hug!

SSLT1KID - Don't fret, B has lost his odot... not to another sheep, but to a WOMAN! So sometimes he cries and vents on noobs and other established forum members. He really just wants a hug and a good shave. ;)

I sense the OP's frustration and the tone could be interprited as such by what he wrote. That being said, after meeting him and spending the afternoon with him, he's a great guy and we want folks to feel welcome, even if they maybe started off on a tilt. We welcome all.... almost all, pgrhodes1 is still an icon, ask beemerdons.

So lets all just get along and give Barry a great big HUG!

:wub: :dance: :bye2: :blushsmiley: :blush2: :blushing: :air_kiss: :love: :wubsmiley: :banghead: :scooter:
I tell you what Simon, that one caught me by surprise also: I too am baffled odot Ray left Bustanut joker for a WOMAN! Never, ever saw that strange event coming up!

God Damn, I do miss Miss Peggy pgrhodes1! I sure do wish she would come back to us with loving open arms, I know that MadMike2 really misses pgrhodes1 Peggy!

I suggest that the OP ask one of the forum admins to edit the title of this post to:

"So pissed off, I may never purchase a Yamaha product salvage titled bike ever again"

(yeah, that's a link)

I suppose I need to quit drinking to excess..
I never drink to excess. Whatever amount I've had is always just the exact right amount to get the job done. ;)

I suppose I need to quit drinking to excess..
I never drink to excess. Whatever amount I've had is always just the exact right amount to get the job done. ;)

:haha: I suspect that's why tech days here go over so well :grin:

The OP might be a nice guy an all But I get wound up when people complain about these bikes, especially when it's something they or someone else caused and not a "defect". Sorry for being suck a jackass dude, It's jut me nature.