Somebody Stop Me

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScrapeApe

Reaction score
Thinking of swapping out my 06A for a R1200GS. I need someone (other than my bride) to talk me out of it. Somebody list the cons please....before it's too late.

Thinking of swapping out my 06A for a R1200GS. I need someone (other than my bride) to talk me out of it. Somebody list the cons please....before it's too late.
Con

BuringBMWreardif.jpg

That's a tough one. Damn good bike but different genre than the FJR. I have am R100RS - different still, but BMW's are never short of character and their is a whole air-head cult out there for good reason. You may miss the FJR once she is gone. I think you need one of each! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

1. If the bride ain't happy...you ain't gonna be happy!

2. You wouldn't want to ride with bride on back all the way to WFO and back! (?) :crazy:

3. Won't have the pleasure of hanging around here, anymore. :bye:

Last edited by a moderator:
It was simple for me. I used math and common sense. When farkled out the way I would need it, the GS would easily touch the $25k mark. This, on the other hand, will top out at $10, maybe $10.5k when I'm done:

IMG_2155.jpg

IMG_2157.jpg

IMG_2158.jpg

Now, I really love that GS and it's well within my means, but Fifteen Thousand Dollars, is a boat load of mula. Further, I get to keep the FJR! Like the robot said, "It does not compute."

Last edited by a moderator:
the gs tops at 120. I know because I was already running away from him from a roll on at 80 and past that point he wasn't even a spot in the mirror :D . But a damn fine machine.

Save the money, and use it for a nice trip for you and your bride. She'll be a lot more thankful for that, then a rolling couch. ;)

Do your really want to be stopped? :eek:

I say let your wallet dictate your purchase.

You already have the best bike...

Get the VStrom 1k and farkle away!

Do your really want to be stopped? :eek:

I say let your wallet dictate your purchase.

You already have the best bike...

Get the VStrom 1k and farkle away!
:eek:fftopic:

Hey Adam

It's great to see you're back, bro! Get well real soon now..

Stef

:eek:fftopic: