Southeastern RTE?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look for this on the east side of the highway (right side if headed north). There is tight parking on this level; a few extra spaces on the lower level down a steep incline of chewed-up concrete.

scooters%20sign_zps3dlinus6.jpg

I had a BBQ pork salad -- really good, and included shredded carrot and very fresh little tomatoes. The empty bowl is/was Brunswick stew and was fab-oh-lah. Of course, I'm a single man, so I think almost everything cooked by others should be featured on the Food Network.

Scooters%20food_zpskum2a77e.jpg

There was a fifty-year-old man in the next booth with his wife and (assuming) their mother. When the ladies went to the bathroom, he told me they were from Nashville touring on a BMW K-bike with a side car. "Uh huh", I thought, "that's why I DIDN'T see one in the parking lot." He said they'd done the Cherohala Skyway yesterday (Friday) but the ladies were not excited about doing the Dragon.

Sure enough, as I was suiting up to leave, a new BMW with a sidecar popped out from the adjacent side street, and it was carrying three people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this just for old people or can us dark haired folks come too? I'd follow Griff up if he'll let me tag along!
Hmmmm.

Hmmmm.

Still thinking about it. Will let you know by October...
Lol, that's right you weren't able to make the iron butt rally to TN. That was actually meant for Uncle Hud, the first time I met him, he pulled up took off his helmet and says to me "Geez you're just a kid!!" Lol Knew right then yah gotta have thick skin to hang with this crowd!

Is this just for old people or can us dark haired folks come too? I'd follow Griff up if he'll let me tag along!
Hmmmm.

Hmmmm.

Still thinking about it. Will let you know by October...
Lol, that's right you weren't able to make the iron butt rally to TN. That was actually meant for Uncle Hud, the first time I met him, he pulled up took off his helmet and says to me "Geez you're just a kid!!" Lol Knew right then yah gotta have thick skin to hang with this crowd!

Well, all this talk about skin hanging is gonna get Hud depressed. So go ahead and come on over to Georgia...just stay off of Hud's lawn...he's a might touchy about that.

Yeah, well, I was shocked to see someone under 50 on an FJR. But I'm with Griff: of course you can show up, and of course we'll wait for you at the turns!

If it will make y'all happy, my Doc can work some Botox or a chin tuck before next weekend.
bleh.gif

On a serious note, there are several noobs from north GA, upstate SC, and western NC that have joined in the past 6-12 months. WHERE ARE Y'ALL AT?

This is a no-pressure Ride To Eat, within 2 or 2½ hour's ride from your house. Ride to Dillard, eat with a couple of civilized hooligans, and ride home. (Or ride around in the mountains after lunch and wait for ericboutin and me at the turns.)

Weather forecast is 80F and partly cloudy, so it should be a nice day trip.

I'm not washing mine. Botox will consume all discretionary income.

I'm not washing mine. Botox will consume all discretionary income.
Ummmm. I hate to say this but your Doc is conning you if he's telling you that botox will take care of all your issues. Save your money, go to Publix, buy a paper bag...and a lot of your issues should go away.

...all my good advice aside, I'm looking forward to this little informal get together. See all y'all at Cooter's or whatever this place is called...Scooters
smile.png

My wife mentioned something about Aug 22, for the life of me I can't a'member what it was. Friend's wedding mebbe. Anywho, I'll ride down if I can squirm out of it.

Ride is next weekend. PM me for phone number. Women get the phone number just for asking,
love.gif
, guys need to promise they're joining us in Dillard. And please, do not text me that morning -- I'll be riding a motorcycle.

Attendees list added to post #1.

Going to talk to both bosses(wife and work lol) by Monday but provisionally yes im going to make an effort to break away and come and meet some of your guys. I was wanting to do some north GA roads lately and this is perfect excuse. Our summer getaway home was in north GA near lake Burton so will be good chance to do a fly by and remember good old memories.

Hope to see you, Walter. GA 199 is a nice ride -- but there's a significant dip near Lake Burton that can be an unwelcome surprise. It's a de-facto stormwater runoff route, and carries 2-3 inches of water even after a 10-minute gullywasher. Fun in a 4WD; terror on a bike.

Yeah, 197. I'm off by two out of 197; that's about a 2% error. Not bad, really.

Latest posts