Southeastern RTE?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
first boss ...wife got green light. Second boss shouldn't be an issue but if he says no im gonna play hooky. So im gonna change break fluid and grease drive shaft splines this week and ride Saturday. See you guys there.

197 washout your talkin about the dip near mark of the potter I assume. When I was a young man it wasent a washout it was a 24-7 creek crossing and was always wet. The highway department decided the cost was too high to maintain a paved crossing and so made a culvert to go under and now it only flows over the road when its been raining. I probably wont go that far down 197, I'll probably turn at Burton dam road and scoot around the chain of lakes sight seeing and reliving old memories. My dad used to take me fishing all along these lakes and I attended camp in the summers back in the 70's. Still a great area with tons of scenic twisties to play on.

Yeah, well, I was shocked to see someone under 50 on an FJR.
bleh.gif
Btw Hud.. I am insulted. I am far under 50. Ok.. not THAT far.. but UNDER. :)

Welp, I have successfully weaseled my way out of any Saturday obligations by agreeing to be romantical on Sunday, including changing the oil in her car. WooHoo! If I can get my dead ass out of bed and on the road around 7-ish I'll be there. Still, I might be a little late- 6:30 rise comes awfully early when you go to bed at 1. Don't change my status in post #1, but I'll do my damnedest to be there.

Welp, I have successfully weaseled my way out of any Saturday obligations by agreeing to be romantical on Sunday, including changing the oil in her car.
Romantical oil changes in her car?? Sounds like a youtube video waiting to be posted. I don't need that link.
no.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're "fer sher", please check your status in post #1. I'm one of those guys that will take a head count at the lunch table and worry if we're short a few people.

PM me if you want my cell phone number ..... to CALL me; not to TEXT me. I'll be riding a motorcycle that morning and will ignore all texteses until I'm sipping on a glass of sweet tea.

Weather.com says high of 81, humidity of 70%, probability of rain/snow = zero.

Hud. Go ahead and put me down as a "fer sher". The told the other FJR guys I know around here about the ride but no other comittments yet. Gave them the link to this post too.

Just a-cause U. Hud worries about us chillins, here's my planned routes. Purple to, red from. Also allows me to continue on with my NC State Park quest with visits Gorges SP and Dupont State Forest on the way home. Wish there was more time, wouldn't mind stopping here too.

Scooters%20RTE_zpsireoksoi.jpg

Well, now I know photobucket doesn't play well with the office computer. Will have something here in a few hours, after I do battle with traffic.

wohoo-leaving the house at 10:00 am. stopping at ray's house to either join up with him or remove the baffles from my cans and do doughnuts in his front yard if he tries to bail cuz he thinks he needs his beauty sleep.

think carla might want to tag along without him?

winksmiley02.gif

Wow...10 riders showing. Very good Hud...

...and I know Duane/1911 can do donuts all day on his FJR, so we may have a couple more.

leaving out at 9 am hopefully or little before. gonna swing by cycle gear in g'ville to look at PR4's on sale and little stuff i don't need but keep buying lol. FYI there $144 rear and $109 front i think right now for our size. after gonna wander on toward Walhalla then up 28 to warwoman and across to Clayton and then its time to belly up in dillard. So if you see an angry fat guy with a blue 06 FJR in distress then its probably me
smile.png
. See you guys and please watch out for the fools on 4 wheels or the four legged friends from the forest.