Southwest Wisconsin Spin!?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To bad they aren't as long as Push Mtn...at least you don't have to worry about wearing out you tires. ;)

This could be the last ride of the season, so everybody be nice to people this week. We need the good weather karma.

Wheatie start helping old ladies across the street!

I'll try not to negotiate anything for the next few days and I won't laugh when my dogs chase the neighbor's cat.

Here's the files for the route. CLICK

Let me know if you have any problems with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, your route looks great. One word of caution.....

Next to the Cenex gas station in Ontario (just north of Wildcat Mountain), there is a non-descript concrete block building. That is the town cop shop. More than once I've stopped at the Cenex for gas or a break, and the bored officer on duty will walk over just to scope you out. If you look like you may like to go fast, he will want your money, BAD. He will go back to his little hut and radio to the county sheriff(s) on duty, and they WILL meet you on 33 at or near Wildcat Mountain. I have personally had this happen more than once, and they LOVE out of state money.

If you're going to run 33 hard, then do it on the way INTO Ontario, since you may need to run it slower back out.

I may try to make it somewhere down there for a day ride, weather depending. I'll keep my eyes open. I'll be the slow guy on the 2008.....

Oh, and it looks like you may need your long undies....the preliminary forecast for The Dells.

DellsOctoberWeekend.jpg

Wow Scott thanks for the heads up on the local LEO tactics around there! I haven't made a lot of runs through wildcat but I didn't even know Ontario was big enough to host a cop but good to know!

Right now the forecast is a bit depressing. I'd have to leave before sun up from the twin cities to meet up for a ride :blink:

Looks to be pretty chilly...this is gonna be interesting. We'll need to watch out for frozen moisture while out on the roads on Sat and Sunday.

Sorry guys, I'm going to have to pass. :( I got just too much going on this weekend.
That Blows! :angry2:

Looks to be pretty chilly...this is gonna be interesting. We'll need to watch out for frozen moisture while out on the roads on Sat and Sunday.
I'm working on attaching a heat gun to the front fender to warm the road. Does a Gen II have enough extra amps?

I'm working on attaching a heat gun to the front fender to warm the road. Does a Gen II have enough extra amps?
Just keep doing them burnouts in front of me as you ride on Saturday. That should take the ice off the road...

High of 39 in the forecast here, looks I'll be staying home this time! Have fun if you make it, and thanks for posting the ride. Lets try it again in the spring.

Sorry guys, I'm going to have to pass. :(

I just discovered I have a penis and I'm going to abuse the shit out of it this weekend.........................With my hand ;)

Ummmm.... Marc???? Really? :blink: