Spencer seat Mod

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim

Reaction score
As many or most I was not please with the seat. I read about having the seat reworked on this site and have given it a try. I got the Flex Gel"LD" upgrade and I am very happy. I have a few 4hour plus days and it is a vast improvement. I'm 5'11' 180lbs. For $100 it was a good investment. Got it back in a week. Thanks www.greatdaytoride.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I too got my seat back last week from Spencer's. I am very happy with the results and the price! It is definately firmer then the stock. I can tell even in the short amount of miles (100) it is butt friendlier!

Ahhh, Spencer's motorcycle seats. I had Spencer work on the seat from my 03 GSX-R1000 and I'll put it like this. WWAAAAYYYY BETTER!!! I used to tour on the GSXR and that seat should have been banned by NATO as an inhumane torture method. I had Spencer work his magic and he transformed it into something that you could actually sit on without squirming or wincing in pain after an hour. The finished product appeared to be a stock seat and I actually did not mind that. Highly recommended investment.

I sent my seat out to spencers a little over a week ago. According to UPS, it will be back to me this wed. I'm hoping it's good.

I've read a few people talking about a seat being harder, WW for example on this post. Wouldn't softer be better for comfort that harder?