Spring 2012 Tech Meet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carl - good to see they got your TBS done. Hope it is running a lot smoother now. The paint job looked very good! Thanks to Panman and Escapefjrtist for all their technical support!
You're welcome Bryan, always happy to help. Definitely need a report Carl. That was one messed up TBS when we began, one of the worst I've ever seen.

Good to see Sock Monkey be able to make the trip up from Portland. Been far too long Marty.
+1...Great to see you Marty!

--G

Hellloooo. Without pictures, it hasn't happened. Jes sayin and nuf said. :glare:

Great turn out here's the link to the 2012 Spring tech meet pictures

Good to see everyone and a few new faces. Carl - good to see tehy got your TBS done. Hope it is running a lot smoother now. The paint job looked very good! Thanks to Panman and Escapefjrtist for all their technical support! The weather was great. I thkn this was the largest turn out. I heard somone say there were at least 40 bikes here and 50 people. WOW!

Good to see Sock Monkey be able to make the trip up from Portland. Been far too long Marty.
It was really great seeing you all as well, and you're right - it has been far too long. A couple of years in some cases..! Bryan, you and Marissa host a 1st class event. Thank you again for letting me come up and crash the party! :D

I need to offer additional thanks to somebody, but am not sure who.

Someone printed and posted up a couple Craigslist ads at the tech meet and because of that my buns have rarely been happier. They are now being pampered on a nearly as-new leather covered Russell All Day Saddle. Staight across trade for my original seats -- woot

So, thanks to whomever...next gathering I owe you drinks, a meal, pie, whatever. :yahoo:

I need to offer additional thanks to somebody, but am not sure who.

Someone printed and posted up a couple Craigslist ads at the tech meet and because of that my buns have rarely been happier. They are now being pampered on a nearly as-new leather covered Russell All Day Saddle. Staight across trade for my original seats -- woot

So, thanks to whomever...next gathering I owe you drinks, a meal, pie, whatever. :yahoo:
Glad you were able to take advantage of that. I was dissapointed it wasn't a Gen II.

I couldn't believe that it was a straight across trade and no one took advantage of it sooner. I guess it was too good to be true for most folks.

Carl - good to see they got your TBS done. Hope it is running a lot smoother now. The paint job looked very good! Thanks to Panman and Escapefjrtist for all their technical support!
You're welcome Bryan, always happy to help. Definitely need a report Carl. That was one messed up TBS when we began, one of the worst I've ever seen.
After the replacing the CTT and doing the TBS it runs and sounds SO much smoother and nicer. Thank you for all the help and as always, it was great seeing everyone. Last Sunday I replace a CTT on another FJR for somebody and it went even easier.

I think that I may have to check the balance on my rear tire. When I hit 75-80 +, I get a bit of a vibration that is not coming from the handle bars. I need to check this out.

Last edited by a moderator: