Straight talk with the CHP 8/24/13

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

03silverbullet

FJR Supporter
Reaction score

header.jpg

Events Home > Dealership Events > Straight Talk with the California Highway Patrol

Straight Talk with the California Highway Patrol August 24, 2013

print_event_icon.jpg
Share on facebookShare on twitterShare on emailMore Sharing Services0

Where: Irv Seaver Motorcycles
607 W Katella Ave
Orange, CA 92867
USA
When: Saturday, August 24 - 12pm-2pm
Pro-Motorcycling event with Officer Todd Kovaketz and a CHP Motor Officer talking motorcycles and staying safe on two wheels. Also Join us for Irv Seaver BMW's World Famous BBQ before the presentation.
Some of the topics will include -Safe Riding Habits and techniques -Advice for new motorcyclists -Lane sharing and safe lane sharing techniques from the experts. -Completely avoidable causes of motorcycle collisions -Dangers of drinking and riding. -Ways to avoid getting pulled over and receiving a citation -Dealing with aggressive and distracted drivers -A quick talk about CHP Recruitment.
ISM-CHP-STSeminar.jpg

We will have a 1960 something Steve McQueen Triumph Big Bear replica on display. It's amazing to see what we used to race on back in the day.

Policies | Privacy | Terms | Site Map ©2013 Dominion Enterprises

I thought I would post this -could be interesting to hear what he has to say.

I will be there around 1pm

Last edited by a moderator:
It was good. He talked about being visible ie high beams on during the day and wearing bright colors.

Talked quite a bit about lane splitting and speeding - the 2 most common causes of motorcycle crashes.