Summer Shield??

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgfella

Reaction score
I just got back from a very hot ride, and was overheating myself with the Vstream shield full up. I started to ride full down to keep cool. Other than eating a few bugs, I thought I might take out my stock screen for my '05 and put it back on for the summer. I'm also considering cutting the stock down a few inches like others have done.

Who's running summer shields out there?

I do this. Use the stock windshield on my '06 during the summer and a CB +6+4 during the "winter" down here in Texas. About 6 months use each.

- JimY

I use the CB +4+3 in the wintertime and the OEM shield w/ Cal-Sci type cut-outs + spacers in the summertime.

Last edited by a moderator:
Every year I change out to the stock shield in summer & the tall shield in the winter.

hard to tell in the photo:
EOMBooneNC9-09-06178_edited.jpg

FJRchik had a better photo of it in last year's EOM photos, but it looks like they were taken down.

I swap my stock '05 shield to an '03 shield that I bought on eBay for the summer months. It is a definite improvement in the heat.

I'm convinced to try this. First thing I might do is put the stocker back on. It's going to feel tiny compared to the Vstream. I might then do the CalSci cutouts on the stocker next, or go all the way and cut down the stocker by a few inches.

I've had my stock shield sitting in the attic, since no one bought it when I had it up for sale. Now, where is that jigsaw?

Gunny!

I run the stocker with Skyway spacers in the summer, and a Cal Sci medium in the colder months.

Yeah, more bugs... but it beats dying of heat stroke with no air blowing in the hot months.

Summer - Yahama tall

Fall - VStream

Winter - Rifle +5 +3

Spring - Cal Sci Tall

Have I missed anything ? Oh yeah, maybe I need to get a Cee Bailey so I can have one of everything... I might just keep the VStream & sell the Rifle & CalSci because I don't think I really need 4 screens...

WACK IT OFF!!!!!!! The stock screen sucks in the up OR

down position. I cut 3 in. off, and it works great.