Sunday morning meet and ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taff

Reaction score
PNW Feejer riders!

I am sorry this is posted so late in the day but I have been educating Hardley Ablesons on the road all day, hence the late sign on.

WHO>Hudson and Taff and everyone who can make it.

START VENUE> Meeting at Denny's at 0730 am for breakfast

WAYPOINT LOCATION, DENNYS> N47 17.411 W122 18.807 (plug that into your GPS unit).

Take I-5 South and exit 142B for 348th Street. If you are taking HWY 18 then follow this West until HWY 18 ends at the major intersection of 16th Av South and Enchanted Parkway. Turn right (HOV lane) onto 16th Avenue and Denny's is immediately on your right side.

Address is> 1676 S 347th Place, Federal Way, 98003.

We will be departing around 0830am (after breakfast) plus or minus 10 minutes. If you are South bound on I-5 watch out for the State Patrol hiding on the on ramps (on the old and new on ramps) at 320th.

Hope you can make it..

Ride safe,

Taff.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm all over it! Warp speed Scottie!

Have a great ride Taff - looking forward to seeing and riding with you again.

I'm all over it! Warp speed Scottie!
Have a great ride Taff - looking forward to seeing and riding with you again.
Likewise Don, you are an awesome rider and great fun.

Go ugly early, thats what I say!

Ride safe,

Taff.

Gotta go to Whidbey tomorrow...too many other duties. Y'all behave yourselves and have fun.
--G
George, you have fun too!! and take care, likewise you are just like Don regarding riding and fun to be around.

Ride safe,

Taff.

Hey bubba, hope to see you at CFR!

Enjoy the weekend ride with your buds.. Hey, have you seen/talked/Pm'd Barabus lately?

Won't be able to make it either Taff, promised the wife I'd take her to the Celtic Woman down at the Paramount tomorrow. You guys enjoy!

dcarver, Barabrus is doing fine rode with him & escapefjrist last Satuerday for a few hours.

Enjoy the weather! I'm doing weekend catch up errands or else I'd take a lap somewhere myself. At the least maybe I can get in a bike wash today while the wife gardens.

Actually looking forward to a week of dry and warm commuting, if this weather holds.

Enjoy!

I did not wsee this till now, I washed the 2 bikes today, all clean and no place to go...how about next weekend for a ride? it's Memeorial weekend.

I did not wsee this till now, I washed the 2 bikes today, all clean and no place to go...how about next weekend for a ride? it's Memeorial weekend.
Marcus,

I am so sorry I posted this so late and I didn't have your phone number!

Regarding next weekend I dont know what day I will be available.

Ride safe,

Taff.

Sorry, just saw this too. Been working and farkling hte FJR all weekend. Hitch installed, wiring done. Scratched body panels repainted. Re-assembly starts tomorrow.

Dang - wish I'd seen this one sooner - would've been great to ride with you again! Hope you had a great ride - such a nice day today.

I'll keep a closer eye out for the next ride. I've been slacking on reading the forum lately...

I'm taking a ride tomorrow - yes Monday! Not sure where yet but the gf will be on the back so no major twisties - makes her too nervous. :rolleyes:

Think I'll ride out to Maltby for breakfast and then let the feejer lead the way. :D

Well, just Taff and I showed. Amazing day, weather cooperated perfectly. I hadn't been on the run that Taff lined up, the section between Chehalis and Kelso was ONE OF THE BEST ROADS I'VE BEEN ON in WA state. Absolutely amazing, with loads of twisties, high speed sweepers, and we didn't pass a single car. We hadn't planned to ride so far, but with 2 bikers who run at a slightly brisk pace, we were in Seaside by noon after leaving Federal way at 8:30ish, and taking mostly back roads. With me having to be home by 5, we blasted quickly from Seaside to Auburn on 101 and 12, where I think we encountered something like 6 WSP vehicles, making going a bit slower.

Here is the best part of the route:

Taff created a few wind vortex flurries when passing a few Harley groups, who were nice enough to move over.

Had a great meal in Seaside, and wish we had time to cruise a bit more.

Well, just Taff and I showed. Amazing day, weather cooperated perfectly. I hadn't been on the run that Taff lined up, the section between Chehalis and Kelso was ONE OF THE BEST ROADS I'VE BEEN ON in WA state. Absolutely amazing, with loads of twisties, high speed sweepers, and we didn't pass a single car. We hadn't planned to ride so far, but with 2 bikers who run at a slightly brisk pace, we were in Seaside by noon after leaving Federal way at 8:30ish, and taking mostly back roads. With me having to be home by 5, we blasted quickly from Seaside to Auburn on 101 and 12, where I think we encountered something like 6 WSP vehicles, making going a bit slower.

Taff created a few wind vortex flurries when passing a few Harley groups, who were nice enough to move over.

Great company, great ride, nuff said but lets do it again with the gang!!

Thanks Dave for your support with the job situation.

Ride safe,

Taff.

Dave- I love the the "Trip Stats" on the right side after you open the link! Apparently you guys were really moving!!!

I am clad you guys had a great time. I can't wait to finally ride with you guys. I am hoping to ride up to Hoods Port a few times this summer (To visit my Grandmother) and hope to meet up with you northern guys for a ride.

Carl