SW FJR Forum: Sunday, January 6 lunch ride to Aguila; depart Carefree Chevron - 1000 hours.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart
Reaction score
SW FJR Forum: Sunday, January 6 lunch ride to Aguila; depart Carefree Chevron - 1000 hours.

There used to be a Steakhouse on the Southeast corner of US 60 and Eagle Mountain Road??

We will meet up at the Chevron Station located at the Northeast corner of Interstate 17 and Carefree Highway State Route 74; this is Exit Number 223. Kickstands are up at 1000 sharp! This means you SkooterG Dearest!

Need more information, contact tu Papa Chuy at either 480-440-4666 or [email protected]

I think I'll come and meet my neighbor-FJRers!
Careful, you might get more than you bargained for!

Can't make it this weekend Don...on-call again and due into work at 0500 Sunday for data center / emergency generator stuff. Forecast is for rain and snow so I'll never make it over the passes anyway...
sadsmiley.gif

--G

BUMP REMINDER! Great weather for a moto ride tomorrow with a forecasted high of 65F.

Old Michael, wheatonFJR and escapfjrtist will be arriving at mi Casa around dusk this evening. Come Riding with Us!

Last edited by a moderator:
Something has come up and Cec and I will have to back out.

Really wanted to make this.

Joe

What a fantastic turnout yesterday for AZ Beemers and Southwest FJR Forum Members.

100_1369.jpg

We had so many riders turn out that I was unable to compile an attendance roster for this.

100_1374.jpg

Was a cold start and between Wickenburg and Aguila it actually was looking like rain coming.

100_1375.jpg

Many of the BMW F800/650GS models were in attendance and a number of 2013 Yamaha FJR's.

100_1371.jpg

Back Road Bob and AZ Cowboy exchanging GS observations.

100_1372.jpg

Brian "El Jefe" Boles observing the assembled AZ Beemers and Southwest FJR Forumites.

100_1381.jpg

Long time AZ Beemers Members Jim and Tarsa's BMW K1200 Light Truck.

100_1379.jpg

Jim, my Miss Donna and Tarsa warming themselves in the sunshine before cold ride to Aguila.

100_1373.jpg

Plenty of BMW K bikes were in attendance, both in four and six cylinder configurations.

100_1370.jpg

Our AZ Beemers and SW FJR Forum lunch was held at Coyote Flats Roadhouse in Aguila.

100_1382.jpg

Food was very good, Papa Chuy had a patty melt and Donna a hamburger; great onion rings.

100_1385.jpg

Tarsa and Jim waiting for their lunch.

100_1388.jpg

Five Canadian AZ Beemers rode up to Yuma to meet up with us, here's Dashbaw in the middle.

100_1391.jpg

Naturally the Canucks were seated at the bar, where else would you expect Frostbacks to be!

100_1390.jpg

With size of our large group we just about took over every chair and table in the dining room.

100_1386.jpg

In this picture Dr. Bob is saying to BB: Let's just buy FJR's instead of riding this German Junk!

100_1383.jpg

We didn't even miss morning NFL game, they had many TV's with the Ravens - Colts game on.

100_1392.jpg

From AZ Beemers Club Member Brian Boles:

We had a nice ride over to Aguila and arrived around lunchtime. At first, we were trying to find some of the resturants mentioned in an earlier post, but they had all closed down. The only place open was Coyote Flats, but it turned out to be OK.

P1000020.jpg

P1000021.jpg

P1000022.jpg

P1000016.jpg

P1000017.jpg

P1000018.jpg

P1000019.jpg

On the way home, we took the rather entertaining Eagle Eye Mountain Road. Here's the namesake mountain.

P1000023.jpg

And an up close to see where the name comes from.

P1000023a.jpg

It's a fun little road across the desert foothills, especially when you are trying to catch up with the group that didn't stop when you stopped to take pictures. Unfortunately, you hit the I-10 slab quickly and have to slog back through traffic to get home.

Cripes! WHEN are you going to buy a decent camera????
See, it wasn't me! And for F$%^s sake, why didn't I see this post BEFORE the day after?
Brian, a GOOD and CARING illegitimate bastard Son would have bought his El Bastardo Step-Pappy a new Camera for Christmas. Posted this last Thursday, where have you been?

Latest posts