Tacoma Motorsports

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smilin' Kyle

Reaction score
If you're around the South Sound, I'm highly recommending Tacoma Motorsports. I'd purchased my '08 at Bremerton Powersports and had been relatively happy. Relatively. When I purchased the bike I'd heard later about the ignition recall and was assured that it'd been taken care of. Hmmm, but I screwed up and let it pass--but I had my questions from time to time.

Now, it's time for the 8,000 mile once over and I dutifully talk with BPS. They tell me that amongst the things they're going to do is a valva adjust. I think to myself, "Isn't that at 24,000 miles?"

So, a few days pass and I run across Tacoma Motorsports. I ride over the bridge and talk to 'em. Valve adjust at 8,000 miles they say? No way! I don't need it til, as I thought, 24, 000 miles. I assume that BPS will hit me up again for the valve adjust at 16,000 miles, too. Oh, and by the way, did you know the ignition recall hasn't been done on your FJR? #&@***&%###!

The Service Manager at TMS says he's not going to say anything directly about BPS, but they do get a lot of customers from them. Now, I'm one, too.

So, I get the service done, ignition recall and a new rear tire put on. Less than 12 hours later I run across the biggest, nastiest, roofing nail and the new tire is toast. I air it up at home and get the bike back to TMS. They get me a new tire and this one is at cost and no mounting fee.

Bottom line, I am very impressed with Tacoma Motorsports and Bremerton Powersports has lost me for good.