Tech Day XI: 10/10/2015

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Andy,

If Doreen and I aren't traveling I'd love to stop by for the day. I've got that fork seal driver combo that HaulinAshe pointed out. I'm not sure if either will help for your Gen I but they work for Gen IIs. I have the NoMar lever but no changer - I use the cheap bastard method. I also have a Gen II manual, axle & steering nut sockets, torque wrenches, CarbTune and other goodies to get into trouble. I could probably haul stuff up ahead of time if the Boss decides we need to ride instead of wrench.

I've got it marked on my calendar.

Mark
(we met at Winking Lizard about a year ago)

There is a distinct possibility I may make this one. My brother also. We are heading out that way. We want to visit Evansville, IN where the last surviving WWll LST is. My father served on LST-284 and was at Omaha beach on D-Day.We will be camping probably, so may take you up on tent space.
My FIL was on LST-840 and was quite proud of it. I've been across the Sound on a former one several times.

1016051002.jpg

There is a distinct possibility I may make this one. My brother also. We are heading out that way. We want to visit Evansville, IN where the last surviving WWll LST is. My father served on LST-284 and was at Omaha beach on D-Day.We will be camping probably, so may take you up on tent space.
We got plenty of room for tents, Bob, so we hope you can make it!

Oct 10th, you say. I believe I can make this date and it's closer than bust's place! Will there be tools, parts and knowledge to do a valve check/adjustment?
Since Ray already piped in, yes, there will be knowledge.

Will you have water,hose, and bucket and maybe a towel?
WTF would one use those for??

In.
Will pack spare parts, fastener box, and service manual. Have torque wrenches if needed, axle nut socket, steering head socket.

Let me if there are any specific spares we need; I have a coolant pipe in the box, other crap as well...

Wayne
Cool! I do have a torque wrench. Never been used!

That may be a stretch for me. I would like a valve check and maybe a throttle body sync. Depends on how much electrical work is required for others (for convincing the wife to let me go).
We hope you can make it down, Tim!

Mark(we met at Winking Lizard about a year ago)
Hiya, Mark! Good to hear from you! We hope you can make it out. Who knows - maybe we'll see you at the Lizard again - they're gonna be re-opening in a couple of weeks.

Sun of a gun. I prolly can't take off two weekends in a row. However I may be able to pull it off. Probably will be able to follow Allen down. Pack a tent and a sleeping bag. After Hooterville I should not need any maintenance done, however would love to meet everyone and help where I can. Also wouldn't mind drinking a few adult beverages and looking a pointing....

Mike

Hey Andy,

I'm riding to Florida on the 17th so this would be perfect timing for spooning on a fresh set of BT-30's!

Steve

If I am still unemployed by then, the wife has given me a kitchen pass for this (the 11th is our anniversary). I would head over on Friday. Could use a valve check, if others need one and might want to share a set of shims as needed? Maybe wire up a plug for some heated gear.

I will mark this on the calendar.

I would hate for work to get in the way of fun.... ;)

Maybe I will have some additional rear-end lights picked out and purchased by then.

And with the collective group, hopefully enough smart noggins can get the lights installed.

Unfortunately, it seems I'm going to be out of town for this one. Maybe that'll change in the next couple of weeks, we'll see
confusedsmiley.png

Hey Andy! As far as I know, I'll be able to make it as long as no other family obligations come up. I'd really like help with a throttle body sync. I didn't get to see you and Sooze at Mike and Laura's this year. Sure hope to be there. Sounds like another great time.

Andy's helping Joe with the valve check........ them blue things look almost like valve cover screws.

You guys with valve checks....... we need a cold engine, so plan accordingly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am putting this one on the calendar, if the stars are aligned & it hasn't snowed yet i'll be there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in for this just because I need to see for myself if Andy really does have as many tools as was shown earlier....

btt-010_1z_zpsle8kikpl.jpg

Need to talk to Ray but I will probably bring the No-Mar down with me and the special folk tool for stopping the cartridge from spinning when loosening the bottom bolt. If you are changing tires you will need to supply your own wheel weights however.