Tech Day XI: 10/10/2015

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooops not going to be able to make this one. I got the dates for our annual Finger Lakes trip mixed up...thought we were going the week before.

I am in for this just because I need to see for myself if Andy really does have as many tools as was shown earlier....
btt-010_1z_zpsle8kikpl.jpg
Well from what I hear he's already broke the tape measure (thats ok It was metric)..

11949460_579856698832917_1770607703033942227_n_zpsv3yrrzcn.jpg

and El toro Joe borrowed the drill and lost it.. Sooze sold the hammer because she knew dork boi was going to hurt himself with that.

Trying to work it out so we can be there
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Tech Day will be here before we know it.

Sooze and I were talking last night and are just trying to know who is gonna be coming in when. Based on emails and PM's I put together what I think folks are gonna do when. If'ns I'm wrong, speak up.

Thanks.

Name Arrival Overnight WTF?
Crump Friday Yes Valve check
Ray Friday Yes Knows stuff
Bill Friday Yes Sounds Canadian, eh?
Bob Tent Pimple on the ass of society
Bob's Brother Tent REALLY?
Allen_C Friday? Yes? Valve check
Gray Ray Saturday No Who washes their bike?
Wayne Saturday No Michigander
Timmy Friday? Yes? Valve check
Mark Saturday No Can bring tools
Mike (BlacknWhite23) Friday? Tent Fellow observer
Steve Saturday No Tires
Mike (wnyfjr) Friday? Yes? Valve check
Barry Gawd only knows
Julie ? ? Lights
FJRPittsburgh ? ? TBS
Joe OUT OUT Can't read a calendar
Madmudder ? ? Snow?
Fred ? ? On the fence
Data ? ?
Carl ? ?
Dan ? ? ADVRider
DaveB74 ? ? ADVRider
Oface ? ? The Tick
Bryan Friday Yes Fork service

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it looks like if my brother and I stop in it will be during the day and for just a a little while. We have to be at my older brother's for a surprise BD party for his 60th. So, no tent pimple. Besides, we had decided to bail on the camping idea for this trip.

Well it looks like if my brother and I stop in it will be during the day and for just a a little while. We have to be at my older brother's for a surprise BD party for his 60th. So, no tent pimple. Besides, we had decided to bail on the camping idea for this trip.
Okey dokey.

See ya in Lewisburg!

Well, the wife originally gave me a pass to attend, but then we BOTH realized that this falls on our anniversary weekend and we have tickets to a play up in Niagara-On-The-Lake that weekend (Shaw Festival). Sorry to miss it as I'm sure it will be a hoot and a half!

Not sure about Friday night yet but I also want to do a TBS with a good gauge. Will this tool and someone with knowledge the tools for a valve check also be there? I can help with lights, TBS and some other small things.

Well, the wife originally gave me a pass to attend, but then we BOTH realized that this falls on our anniversary weekend and we have tickets to a play up in Niagara-On-The-Lake that weekend (Shaw Festival). Sorry to miss it as I'm sure it will be a hoot and a half!
No worries, Mike! Happy anniversary enjoy the show!

Not sure about Friday night yet but I also want to do a TBS with a good gauge. Will this tool and someone with knowledge the tools for a valve check also be there? I can help with lights, TBS and some other small things.
So long as RaYzerman is around and brings his TBS thingamadoodle, you should be fine. If ya wanna do your valves, we'll need you there on Friday. The valve check procedure requires a cold engine. RaYzerman and 'fitter have done valve checks several times.

Make sure you have all the gaskets and o-rings.

Make sure you have all the gaskets and o-rings.
And bring at least one extra o-ring for when the first one gets effed up.

It is with great sadness that I must report that that I will not be able to attend the inaugural tech weekend at Geek and Sue's.

As much as i was looking forward to being there...I'm going to freaking Denver!
punk.gif

Hope to see you all in the spring.
ohwell.gif

Crumpadump out.

So long as RaYzerman is around and brings his TBS thingamadoodle, you should be fine. If ya wanna do your valves, we'll need you there on Friday. The valve check procedure requires a cold engine. RaYzerman and 'fitter have done valve checks several times.
Hmm, guess we better read up on them new gens TBSing stuff........ and the top secret way to get plastic off........